border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Friday, May 22, 2009

Poor little ducky....

So yesterday was a cool gray sorta day. Around 11:15ish I decided to take an early lunch and go get some new shoes. Well, because I haven't had a shoe fix lately and I needed some new sneakers since my got trashed last weekend in the mud....but I digress....

So as I am walking out of the glass building I hear this loud THUD and then see something fall out of the corner of my eye. I turned around and there it was....a duck....its partner had flown away when it heard the thud and didn't even come back to check on it....must of been a male. It was there with its little broken neck all twisted and on the glass was a big blood stain. I was going to try and help it but with a broken neck there really wasn't anything that could be done. A moment later it was gone to ducky heaven. I am sure he didn't mean to do it....there was a tree just in front of where it hit so I sure that it just thought it would fly through the limbs and be fine. Poor thing didn't even see it coming.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 5:53 AM :: 2 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky