border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, June 18, 2007

Yes, Yes, I am....I am

The Guitar Hero...LOL! Its no longer enough for me to just sing the songs, now I want the full package. Now those of you that have known me for a while (Kelly that would be you), you know that I used to play bass guitar in high school. I was awesome ya'll - yep rhythm for a white girl, that was me. I loved it. But alas, I took the responsible route and gave it up after graduating - well not anymore! The teenage daughter and the man child have been playing guitar hero at the neighbors for quite some time. I just refused to shell out the funds for yet ANOTHER game system. Saturday night, teenage daughter had the twins sleep over (they went camping with us over the holiday weekend) and they brought it. OMG.....first it started with Mr. Cheeky and the man child playing (the girls were at a party and not home yet). Then they got me to play - "awwww come on" they said. "Just one time"....well little did they know they unleashed the rocker within. At first I just sorta sat there playing and then before I knew it I was standing, not only was I standing but I unknowingly began tapping my foot, and before I knew it I was shakin the hips...oh yeah ya'll - it was a sight to behold. I was having a blast. I even wanted to keep playing long after everyone else was done.

Yeah, I think I might be buying this one - ummm for the kids of course....you know...music education....LOL!

In other news, the antibiotics have began working their magic and I am feeling much much better. Mr. Cheeky, the man child and I went to see Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer. Yep, I enjoyed this one. Not too drawn out at all. Just the right length for the story. And yes it was left open for another one too so that is cool. I kinda like these movies but you know me and my superheroes!

Ok....so I wrote the above on Saturday night getting all prepped for Monday. Wanna know what I did Sunday...Oh yeah baby - went out and got Guitar hero, Guitar hero II the wireless guitar and PlayStation 2! Spent some megga bucks so I can live out my rock and roll dreams in the comfort of my own home. And you wanna know what???? The rock gods are smiling on me because at the end of July they are coming out with a Guitar Hero 80's edition!!!!!! Oh yeah.....so come on over, lets get the blender going with some rita's and let me entertain you with my musical talent!!! Chez Cheeky is taking reservations now.... better hurry seats are selling out fast!

Cheeky - I thought of this song because I know my kids think I am weird.... A little Cheap Trick......

Mother told me, yes, she told me I'd meet girls like you.
She also told me, "Stay away, you'll never know what you'll catch."
Just the other day I heard a of a soldier's falling off.
Some Indonesian junk that's going round.

Mommy's all right, Daddy's all right, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away, ay, ay, ay.

Father says, "Your mother's right, she's really up on things."
"Before we married, Mommy served in the WACS in the Philippines."
Now, I had heard the WACS recruited old maids for the war.
But mommy isn't one of those, I've known her all these years.

Mommy's all right, Daddy's all right, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away, ay, ay, ay.

Whatever happened to all this season's losers of the year?
Every time I got to thinking, where'd they disappear?
Then I woke up, Mom and Dad are rolling on the couch.
Rolling numbers, rock and rolling, got my KISS records out.

Mommy's all right, Daddy's all right, they just seem a little weird.
Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away, ay, ay, ay.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 9:15 AM :: 6 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky