border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Once again in the words of Florida Evans.....and tells of the blue moon**

Damn Damn Damn! I just want to know WHY! I traveled again last week and through the weekend and wanna guess what happened? Awwww come on you wanna guess, just take a shot.....YEP you guessed it - Sick! Sick! Sick! and we are not just talking a little sick, we are talking so sick that I had to find a clinic to go to on Sunday cause I was dying. I am not saying what they "think" I have just yet cause I am thinking good thoughts and I am in denial. But lets just say, if your throat is swollen really really bad, and your glands are so swollen that you look like a bullfrog, and your neck hurts to move, and you run a fever for days and the doc looks at you and says "oh honey you have strep but lets take this little swab just to be sure" then sends you home with a lidocaine wash that is thicker than pancake syrup and tells you to "gargle" it (yeah, try that once) but with nothing else.....cause it AIN'T STREP.....we have a problem. Wanna know what mimics strep and makes you completely exhausted but doesn't show up in a quick test for 7 days??? I bet you can guess and it ain't a happy thought!

I am home now back in MN(got in this afternoon), came straight home, got nekked (meaning I got my nightie shirt on), went into quarantine (ok - that means bed) and slept! I am exhausted. I am doing a little better. The glands have gone down considerably since Sunday. My throat is still sore and swollen but once again not nearly as bad. My neck is still really tender. The fever is not constant - only have one or two a day and is manageable with that Tylenol so I am not as achy. So am I getting better - yes. Am I still contagious - yes so no smoochin for me. BUT what does this mean....it means I am still exhausted, it means that my trip to Indy this weekend to watch the races with my German friends and hang out with Jenie is most likely a bust (don't want a 10hr car ride being sick and then go and spread my love - errr germs - around to my friends - that wouldn't be cool and we all know what a cool chick I am...LOL).

So what have I learned on this trip?

I have learned that I need to be in a face mask when I travel cause I am sick and tired of getting sick when I go somewhere (this is freakin ridiculous ya'll).

I have learned that when have a high temp, that putting on lots of clothes and wrapping in 5 blankets and curling up in the fetal position is about the only way you can even think about getting warm.

I have learned that hard liquor (specifically tequila) will numb up your throat pretty good so you can eat - definately works better than thicker than cold syrup lidocaine.

I have learned that if you wear glasses and jump in the pool - you might just break them and then have to spend ohhh about 2 hours looking for the lens at the bottom(heheh Pop that was for you).

**I have learned that there is more than one meaning for a "blue moon" - what is the second one you ask....that would be my Mom's left butt cheek. Totally blue (ok 3/4 blue but still) from her fight with the wrong end of a chair. Do I have a picture, nah, I told her I was gonna take one and put it on here when I felt good but didn't have my camera, my next opportunity was when I was sick and I just didn't want to move to do it.

I have learned that even though I got stood up (a lot! we are talking every stinkin' day) and my original plans for this weekend completely fell through that it sort of can be a blessing in disguise cause I ended being sick during this time and would have forced myself to go and would have paid dearly for it.

I learned other stuff too but I am tired now, I am gonna go lay back down.

Cheeky in honor of her Momma is singing....(yeah I might be sick as a dog but I still have my sense of humor)

Blue moon, you saw me standin' alone
Without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own
Blue moon, you knew just what I was there for
You heard me sayin' a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will hold
I heard somebody whisper "please adore me"
And when I looked, the moon had turned to gold

Blue moon, now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper "please adore me"
And when I looked, the moon had turned to gold

Blue moon, now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Blue moon, now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Labels: ,


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 6:20 PM :: 12 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky