border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, November 15, 2007

Welcome to The People's Temple

Don't worry - the kool aid is fine.

So while in NC we were visiting with my parents. Daddy has taken to making wine and decided that he needed me to sample some. Now how in the world he would think that I would be a wine aficionado I have no idea (snicker).

The first wine was a sweet white wine. It was tasty but I don't think I would want to drink more than a glass of it at a time. Too sweet for more than one. It reminded me of the homemade muscadine wine's of yesteryear. Daddy told me what it was made of but I forget.

The second wine wasn't even made from a fruit. It told me how he did it and then said he decided it needed a little more flavor and he added a grape kool aid package. He gave me a glass and that is what it tasted like - spiked kool aid - so I asked him what he was trying to do - give me Jim Jones Juice?! It actually wasn't half bad. Definitely something you could end up drinking a little too much of if you weren't careful.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:07 AM :: 13 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky