border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday - I hit the town with my girl Katie at D&B and we kicked some trivia bootay!!!!

Saturday - I had good intentions of getting up and painting and getting things done. Yeah, didn't happen. It was a lay around the house and be lazy kind of day. I did go see Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was cute but I think more of a rental. Mr. Cheeky says he didn't really like it but I saw him giggle a few times.

Even though I didn't paint, I did get the paint so that is a step in the right direction.

Saturday night: I am falling into dream land and I hear "Mooooooooom" in that pitiful, I don't feel good voice. Yep, it was manchild, in the bathroom, horking. Poor baby. So I get him a warm cloth for his face, water to rinse his mouth and back to bed with provisions by the bed just incase it hits him fast and he can't make it to the bathroom. Back to bed for me and once again I am drifting off, "Mooooooooom". Up checking on the manchild. Back to bed. Drifting off and again I hear "Mooooooom. I guess third time is the charm because this was the last time for the night.

Sunday: We had hockey practice but since manchild was up horking we decided it was best to just let him sleep in and get his rest. After goofing around in the morning, Teenage daughter thought today was the day to meet her "friend" who happens to be a boy. I will have to think of a clever name for him. So we get the time set for him to come over but then its a no go. He was getting sickly too (with what I don't know - nerves perhaps?). So, Mr. Cheeky and I did some shopping.

We had an early dinner - one of my favs that we haven't had in a while - Shrimp and rice - its an old family recipe and YUM YUM YUM. After our dinner settled, Mr. Cheeky and I tag teamed the treadmill. He would walk off 100 calories and then I would while we watched LOTR on TV. We did this for 1000 calories total. (OK I admit I only did about 400 of that but still....its a start...right?).

Then it was Survivor finale. I have to say I am pleased with the winner. Todd played a good game and then when it came to his plea in front of the jury, I believe he was straight up and said "yeah I know I was deceitful but that was my game" where Amanda tried to reason and was still being a little weaselly (is that a word? well it is now) in my opinion. Courtney well was still the tag-a-long. I watched the reunion show and really enjoyed it. I still want to be on one of those. I might have to send in a video. I just might.

Cheeky - who is singing in honor of another musician losing his battle with cancer this weekend - RIP Dan Fogelberg:

Met my old lover in the grocery store
The snow was falling Christmas Eve
I stole behind her in the frozen foods
And I touched her on the sleeve
She didn't recognize the face at first
But then her eyes flew open wide
She went to hug me and she spilled her purse
And we laughed until we cried

We took her groceries to the checkout stand
The food was totalled up and bagged
We stood there lost in our embarrassment
As the conversation dragged
We went to have ourselves a drink or two
But couldn't find an open bar
We bought a six-pack at the liquor store
And we drank it in her car


We drank a toast to innocence, we drank a toast to now
And tried to reach beyond the emptiness but neither one knew how

She said she'd married her an architect
Who kept her warm and safe and dry
She would have liked to say she loved the man
But she didn't like to lie
I said the years had been a friend to her
And that her eyes were still as blue
But in those eyes I wasn't sure if I saw doubt or gratitude
She said she saw me in the record stores
And that I must be doing well
I said the audience was heavenly but the traveling was hell

We drank a toast to innocence, we drank a toast to now
And tried to reach beyond the emptiness but neither one knew how
We drank a toast to innocence, we drank a toast to time
Reliving in our eloquence, another 'auld lang syne'

The beer was empty and our tongues were tired
And running out of things to say
She gave a kiss to me as I got out and I watched her drive away
Just for a moment I was back at school
And felt that old familiar pain
And as I turned to make my way back home
The snow turned in to rain...

Labels: , , ,


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:11 AM :: 18 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky