border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh Yeah - its my Birfday!

It's 6:30am and today I am 36! Yep, that's right - I am older than dirt but I don't care - you just wish you looked this good at 36! Bwhahahaha!. I have been up for about an hour and already my day has been one smile moment after another. For starters, I wake up and decide that I just can't lay there anymore cause I have to go potty really really bad (don't ya hate that - you wanna stay in bed but your bladder has a different idea?) and when I do, I see a bouquet of flowers and a card from.....the Teenage Daughter waiting for me on the counter in the bathroom. She went after work to get them - wasn't that nice of her? And the card - seriously, the card was made with me in mind. It was one of those singing cards that had a strutting blinged out flamingo on it. It moved when you moved the card. I mean really - wasn't that made just for me?

Then I start checking email and the message board over at AMR and I feel so blessed to have so many people thinking of me and sending me birfday wishes. I do have some of the best blogger and MB buds a girl could ever hope for.

Also today, I start my new job! Sweet! I am going in the office a couple of hours each day this week just to learn their systems. After that, I will be working from home. Today I have to get my laptop configured for my email and VPN.

Now, on to the vacation recap. OH.MY.GOODNESS.....I rode the world's fastest and tallest roller coaster and while I was skeered at first - it was the bestest ride evah!!! The ride is called the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. You go from zero to 120mph in less that 4 seconds. And then...when you think you can't pee your pants anymore....you shoot strait up at a 90 degree angle and go 420 feet straight in the air do a little turn and then come straight down. It was incredible! Well worth driving 12 hours just for that one ride. Just pee before you get on it (no I didn't pee my pants - just giving you some advice...geesh). I have to say that Cedar Point lives up to its reputation as being one of the best roller coaster places in the world. Far superior to Six Flags (we went there on Friday). The water park was awesome too.

I think we picked the perfect week to go. It was after the 4th and in the middle of the week so the crowds were gone for the most part. The longest I stood in line for any one ride was about 30-40 mins and that was for the Dragster. The weather was overall really good - except getting drenched the first day with a storm that came through. The light show at the end of the night was a little hokey but that's ok....we went for the rides, not the show. We got home Saturday afternoon and was just completely worn out. I will have to give a more detailed recap later this week as there are so many things and I don't want to make this too long.

Cheeky - who is gonna go put on her walking shoes and go for a little morning stroll and sing in the neighborhood (hey - I have to live up to my crazy neighbor reputation right?).

Labels: ,


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:27 AM :: 19 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky