border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A weekend of Firsts

Well hello out there in blogland - I am just getting back from my weekend getaway.

But before I get into the details let me say a very HUGE and heart felt THANK YOU to Bella - without whom this trip would not have been possible because it was Bella that became the interim HBIC at Chez Cheeky and kept an eye on the childrens. THANKS BELLA - you totall Rock!

I flew down on Friday - pretty uneventful. Did some driving around and tried to decide what we wanted to do the next day. Had ribs at Logans - yum! We stayed just a street or two off the beaten path and we waited in line for NOTHING this trip. No wait for food - nothing (well unless you count the unbelievably long lines at Wally World).

Saturday, we drove out to St. Pete and I dipped my tooties in the Gulf of Mexico for the very first time EVER! Only took me 36 years to do it. While there we visited a state park and also did a self tour of Fort DeSoto which was very interesting. After we got back to the room we freshened up and went to an All Can Eat Buffet that featured Lobster, Prime Rib and Crab Legs. Yes, you read that right - LOBSTER! Now I have to say I am a little disappointed in my performance here. I really thought I could put down much more than I did. But alas, the stomach just isn't as big as it used to be. It was very good though and very reasonably priced.

Sunday we headed out to Cocoa Beach (that's the Atlantic Ocean - yes two coasts in one weekend) for a while. Very hot. No breeze. Could only take it for a few hours (we have become wimps). Came back and relaxed by the pool for a while. Had a light dinner and got me a rental car for the next day.

Monday - Mr. Cheeky headed back to work and I stayed a while to play with my friend Jessica! We had a GREAT time! We chatted like we were long lost friends that hadn't seen each other in years. Had you been a fly on the wall you would have never known this was our first meeting IRL. We had a fabulous lunch at Cafe Mia and then shopped around at the Mall and then and Ikea where we proceeded to get ourselves lost on more than one occasion! She also made me a very nice Friends book (complete with flamingos!). I do wish we lived closer - but I am so looking forward to repaying the hospitality one day if she makes her way up to Minneapolis!

I got in late and promptly took myself to my very own bed!

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:37 AM :: 10 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky