border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, March 30, 2006

Music to my ears

No, it wasn't that Lisa got the boot last night on American Idol (if you ask me it could of been almost anyone) but rather it was the beautiful sound that I woke up to this morning. The rolling sound of thunder! Today we will be having thunderstorms off an on. Yippeee!! No, I am not drinking this early in the morning. I am happy about this for a number of reasons.

First, if there is thunder and rain that means its NOT SNOWING. Secondly, and most importantly, I LOVE a good storm. I always have. Even as a kid I would sit at my window watching ferocious storms and mom would pull me away and I would go right back. One of my dream vacations would be to go storm chasing...how cool would that be? (yes, I am a closet meterologist..my secret is out) And its yet another reason that I loved being in Charleston so much. In the summer, we would have wonderfully powerful afternoon thunderstorms. And there were always hurricanes in the late summer early fall. Now don't get me wrong, I don't like that people get hurt or killed in hurricanes, I don't like the destruction involved, and I don't like that the stores run out of essential items (milk, bread, water, batteries, etc.) and when its time to get out - you just get out(so please no Katrina comments)....but I like to track these storms and watch the marvel and strength of good ol mother nature. It makes you appreciate the world around you that much more.

So today, Cheeky is happy....Listening to the low rumble outside her window.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 9:27 AM :: 2 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky