border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, March 20, 2006

Can't believe I did it so fast....

In the past week I have read two books cover to cover. The first one - The DaVinci Code - I read in one day. I couldn't put it down. I stayed up until 1am reading it. Then, a friend of mine recommended Angels and Demons by the same author. And while I didn't read it in one sitting, it only took me a couple of days. I just completed it this morning and I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed both of these books.

I wanted to read the DaVinci Code before the movie came out. I hate seeing the movie first then reading the book. I really hope the movie stays true to the book, because it was really good. When I started reading Angels and Demons, I thought "oh I have this author figured out, I know his tricks" but I was wrong and it wasn't until the very end that it all came to light (no pun intended - if you have read the book, you know what I mean here). The author took you down a path where you thought you had it figured out and then there was the twist. I love it when that happens in books and in movies.

Now I am debating if I should read another book by this author or try something new. But I am really looking forward to seeing the movie.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 11:49 AM :: 5 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky