border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's better to burn out....than fade away!!

Yes my fellow bloggers, your favorite child of the 80's is going to see Journey and Def Leopard tonight at the Target Center in Minneapolis! Because Mr. Cheeky is traveling this week, Mommy K gets his ticket - woohoo!!! So, its girls night out! (well actually we are meeting a group and there are a few guys too). The teenage daughter and two of her friends will be babysitting baby Duncan (so they can tag team it) and making sure my little man child stays in line.

As a teenager, I can't say that I was a die hard fan (I mean come on - they are really good but they are NOT Bon Jovi....geesh what were you thinking?) but I really did like the music of each band respectively and I still enjoy their stuff today (not necesarrily their "new" stuff.....wait...do they even have any new stuff??).

I think I am more excited about seeing Journey than I am Def Leopard. I haven't decided if I am going to get a t-shirt yet or not. I know they are way over priced (its ridiculous) but since they are "older" perhaps they won't be too bad (ummm.. no, I am not smokin' anything this morning...geesh...just wishful thinking).

So, in honor of tonight's festivities, Cheeky is singing: Gunter glieben glauchen globen....Alright....I got something to say....Yeah, it's better to burn out....Yeah, than fade away!...All right, Ow. Gonna start a fire, C'mon!...
Rise up! Gather round Rock this place to the ground, Burn it up let's go for broke Watch the night go up in smoke, Rock on! (rock on!), Drive me crazier, no serenade No fire brigade, just Pyromania, c'mon....What do you want? What do you want? I want rock'n'roll, yes I do Long live rock'n'roll.....

Or perhaps a little Journey to get your day started: Here we stand...Worlds apart Hearts broken in two, two, two....Sleepless nights, Losing ground I'm reaching for you, you, you...Feelin' that it's gone , Can't change your mind...If we can't go on To survive the tide, Love divides...Someday love will find you, Break those chains that bind you, One night will remind you, How we touched and went our separate ways...If he ever hurts you, True love won't desert you, You know I still love you, Though we touched and went our separate ways...

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:41 AM :: 14 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky