border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Update

It was a pretty uneventful weekend around Chez Cheeky. Friday night it was time for a little b-dubs and trivia! I kicked bootay on 2 of the 3 games. The last game was way out there. I held my own but that is about all I can say about that. Came home and it was still early so it was time for a little Guitar Hero. We hadn't played in a while so I was afraid I was really going to be bad but I guess I channeling my inner Jimmy Hendrix because we had some high score.

Saturday. Mr. Cheeky made some really AWESOME hash browns for breakfast. They weren't Waffle House good but they were a really close second. We sorta laid around for the morning and watched some Harry Potter. Then we decided we really needed to quit being so lazy so we got up, grabbed the kids and headed out. The first stop was to the local highschool where they were having a little craft show. It wasn't bad. I got 2 hanging towels from the washcloth granny (I am not being mean, this is what she called herself). Then off the the little festival our town was having. We were there about 30 minutes looking at all the old cars at the car show part of the festival and decided it was way too cold and windy. So we headed home to get properly dressed (it was like 5 mins from the house) and then went back. We saw all the booths and played in the petting zoo part.








We ate junk. Fried cheese curds and a massive serving of nachos. Then walked around a bit more. It was getting toward the end and the VFW Auxillary was having a fun little bingo game. Twenty five cents a card so Mr. Cheeky and I decided to play while the kids did the rides and kiddie events. Well, first game was a bust but then...I won the next 3 games in a row. No kidding. AND I had some massive jackpots ($2.25, 1.75. and 1.75) that allowed us to keep playing until it was time for them to pack up. Yeah, I know, we get excited about stuff like that. Came home and ......hung up my peg board in my craft room. Now this really made me happy cause now I can play with it and decorate it up!



Sunday. We were up early. Mr. Cheeky made breakfast again (he does this pretty much every weekend) and we were headed to Costco! After we got back it was time to pack him up for his trip this week. Got him all packed and then flipped between football and the race until it was time from him to go. After he left, I went straight downstairs into my craft room and started playing with my peg board and working on cards. I was there for hours and didn't even know it but I did get a lot done. I also started watching the first season of Weeds. I saw it in the store the other day and thought since there was such a buzz about it, I would get it to watch while I play. Yeah, I like this show. I made it through the first half of the first season. Yeah, I really like this show. It is really gonna stink when I get all of them watched and then can't watch it weekly (I get HBO not Showtime but I am thinking of changing this). After playing then I fed the man child (teenage daughter had already fended for herself) and then I sat and worked on my cards some more (I brought a project up stairs) and watched Anchorman. I loves me some Ron Burgandy, yes I do!

That's it - thats my weekend update. Its going to be a busy week here at Chez Cheeky with Mr. Cheeky being absent so I am glad it wasn't a stressful weekend.

Cheeky - who is singing a song inspired by Ron........




Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
Gonna grab some afternoon delight
My motto's always been 'when it's right, it's right'
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night?
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day
And we know the night is always gonna be there any way

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
And the thought of lovin' you is getting so exciting
Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Started out this morning feeling so polite
I always though a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think I might try nibbling
A little afternoon delight
Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Please be waiting for me, baby, when I come around
We could make a lot of lovin' 'for the sun goes down

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
And the thought of lovin' you is getting so exciting
Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Afternoon delight!

Labels: , , ,


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:57 AM :: 10 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky