border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, February 20, 2006

You can take the redneck out of the South but you can't take the South out of the Redneck!

It was truly a redneck weekend and I have to say that I just LOVE IT! This weekend was dedicated to my redneck roots!

Saturday night we honored the man from Kill Devils Hill, NC......the one...the only...Dennis Anderson original driver of GRAVEDIGGER!!





Yes, I took the kiddies to see Monster Jam! Even went to the "pit party" before the show. This is sort of a tradition for me and the kids. I have been going every year for about 5 years now. Actually I was quite impressed to see so many people there. As we were waiting for the show to begin, the man child was waving his skull and crossbones flag in the faces of those around us. And as I was trying to get him to calm down a bit, I noticed we were getting quite a bit of stares. It took me a moment to figure it out, and when I did, I really started having fun. They weren't noticing the man child, they were noticing our southern accents. So of course, I turned on the twang! Even called the man child "Tater" and every time I said it I made sure it was loud and twangy. I am quite good at this and had a blast doing it!


Sunday was dedicated to the religion that is Nascar and more specifically the Daytona 500. And if it wasn't good enough that nascar has returned, how did they start it off?....with BON JOVI!! I had the speakers turned up loud and I am sure my neighbors were wondering what the hell those rednecks that moved in are doing but I didn't care. But with the return of Nascar also comes the sadness of leaving Charleston. I miss my friends and neighbors. We would go over on Sunday afternoons and hang out in their garage (equipped with a nascar style bar complete with checkered flag tile in the back - its way cool) watch the race, have food and few drinks while the kids would run wild (cause that's what they do). I had to call them just to tell them even though I wasn't with them yesterday, I was thinking about them.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 10:36 AM :: 3 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky