border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Friday, May 19, 2006

Can I Whine for a Moment.....

Yesterday afternoon, in the middle of interview #4 of 6 one hour long interviews, I started getting a little headache and feeling a little bit of scratchiness in my throat. Oh crap - I better not be getting sick! In interview #5, I couldn't take it anymore and took some Aleve sinus (cause it usually Rocks! - notice I said usually). By the end of interview #6, I was ready to crawl in bed - damn damn damn I am getting sick! I started feeling a little achy and generally crappy but I didn't want to take any night-time meds just yet because I had to watch the season finale of CSI.

I took a nice long hot bath and then 45 minutes into CSI I took Alka Seltzer night time cold. Knocked me right the crap out! But, I kept waking up in the night with my throat hurting - that is such a miserable feeling - your throat is dry and sore but if you get up and get water then your throat will be wet and sore and then you will have to get up later to go pee.

Got out of bed this morning still feeling pretty crappy - took another Aleve right away (still not kicking in - gonna have to try something else). Half way into interview #1 for the day my voice starts trying to go out (ummm this in not good for someone who has to talk all day). Then, one of the external recruiters that I work with starts being a pain in the ass. He needs to back off. I am not in the mood to deal with his crap - I am gonna let him have it today if he doesn't chill.

So, here it is - just before interview #2 and I am trying not to talk or answer the phone unless I have to so I can at least get through the day. I feel like crap and just want to go lay down.

I am just pitiful and need some chicken soup and TLC.


Cheeky - who wants this damn sinus headache to just go away....

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 12:06 PM :: 10 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky