border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The storm is coming...and I am gonna miss it...Damnit!

OK ya'll know how much I love a good storm. Well wouldn't ya know it, as soon as I leave Ernesto decides he wants to visit Charleston too! Damnit! Now I am about to go on a little rant here.....and I just might offend somebody out there....so don't say I didn't warn ya.

First of all.....I am about sick and damn tired of the media going nuts over a little tropical storm - people we have stronger storms than this that pop up outta no where...mmmkay? And since Katrina it has only gotten worse. You have all heard my theory - tropical storm (cool!), Cat 1 (way cool!), Cat 2 (ok, I will have my batteries and canned ravioli - that I can eat straight out of the can by the way, but I will also have my bootay parked by the window watching cause that is some awesome stuff right there!) Cat 3 - ummmm I think I might watch that one from afar (only cause I can get a little chicken every now and then). Cat 4 (ummmm what? you think I am staying - what are you smokin???).

Now with all this crap going on they are already calling for a voluntary evacuation of Charleston...ummmm excuse me? OK maybe the elderly....maybe....and maybe those in trailers cause you can see this one coming (and I am reaching for that one) but come on people - its a little rain, its a little wind....Stupid idiots on the news blow some little thing up to craziness and then when the really big one does come....we ignore your ass cause you are stupid...Ever hear of the story of the little boy that cried wolf? Come on people...it ain't Katrina. And while I am on that subject.....If I hear anymore about that one I just might hurl (sorry, watched Wayne's World the other day). Now don't get me wrong - what happened there was bad....and for those that did get out and came back to nothing, I just can't imagine and my heart really does go out to you...for those that had no other choice but to stay (and I struggle with that one), again my heart goes out to you, but for those that decided to stay, that partied, that just dared the storm to come (after you saw you had a bullseye painted on your head) well you are just stupid and you get to stand in line BEHIND those that did what they are supposed to do when a big Cat 4/5 is headed your way cause I ain't got no sympathy for ya.

OK, I feel better now. And as I was telling the newly 14 year old teenage daughter about this post, I told her I needed to come up with a song to sing....then she said well, I want to make a request....and she did, and I am gonna sing it...so here goes...get your break dancin shoes on and get ready for a little Run DMC!

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...it's Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Tricky)
It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...Tr-tr-tr-tricky (Tricky) Trrrrrrrrrrricky

I met this little girlie, her hair was kinda curly
Went to her house and bust her out, I had to leave real early
These girls are really sleazy, all they just say is please me
Or spend some time and rock a rhyme, I said "It's not that easy"

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...(How is it D?) It's Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Trrrrrricky)
It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...Tricky (Tricky) Tricky

In New York the people talk and try to make us rhyme
They really (hawk) but we just (walk) because we have no time
And in the city it's a pity cause we just can't hide
Tinted windows don't mean nothin', they know who's inside

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...(How is it D?) Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Tricky)
It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Tricky) huh!

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:13 AM :: 9 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky