border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You ask - I answer

Gracie asked me yesterday for an update on the "healthy eating" and how that's going. Well let me tell ya. Prednisone is a PIA!!!! I am constantly wanting to eat something. Not that I do mind you - just that I want to. When I do, I try to make it somewhat healthy but its those late night snacks that have gotten to me and I have developed a sweet tooth but I am trying. Actually, I have refused to get on the scale in the last week. I can tell that I have gained a few pounds - nothing major but I can still feel a difference. Plus it was mentioned that my face was getting ummmm "rounder". I won't say who said it....but can't say I was happy about it. I am on my final days of the prednisone and I can already tell things are getting better in the appetite department - but the scary thing is....I have been having this little itch under my chin.....I better just be paranoid.

I am back on my exercise routine which is good too. Its 6:30a and I have already been up and hour and a half and rode 5 miles this morning. I will try to get in a couple miles at lunch and then do the power walk/run this evening.


Julie wanted to know what I cooked for the MIL last night - well so much for "healthy" eating LOL. I made a good ol' heavy southern meal. Cubesteak with gravy, garlic smashed taters, slaw, and biscuits (you need something to sop up that gravy). Also had some cukes and onions in vinegar (kinda like refrigerator pickles I guess) and ice cold lemonade (sorry that wasn't homemade). It was GOOD!


Irish Church Lady: Yep - I am always doing something - no rest for this Cheeky...LOL AND....just when I think I might get a little rest - this girl is headed back down to Charleston next week - woohoo! I am flying out on Sunday and not coming back until the following Monday. (Yep - so much for the healthy eating LOL).

Sis (and this really is the Cheeksters sister ya'll..hehe): Empty nest blues?? I will ship you a kid or two. Tell Tiff to get me her addy ASAP so I can start sending her stuff. Nothing like care packages from Aunt Cheeky!

Lee: Nope, that racing gene just can never go away. Its inbread!


Other random updates: The little man child starts karate tonight. He is really excited about it. I had to wear a sweatshirt this morning when I rode my bike...a S.W.E.A.T.S.H.I.R.T. - its August and I am in a sweatshirt....this cannot be good (as a matter of fact - I am still wearing it and I am not a cold natured person). The teenage daughter is playing tennis. She finally bought her OWN tennis shoes so she can stop wearing MINE....now if I can just get her to buy her own sunglasses....I completed an entire scrapbook from start to finish on Sunday afternoon - it was for a gift so I was motivated.

I think that is about it from Chez Cheeky for now. Anything I forgot? Just ask - I will tell ya.

Now its time for a little Dexy's Midnight Runners (sing with me....)Poor old Johnny Ray sounded sad upon the radio, He broke a million hearts in mono, Our mothers cried, Sang along, Who'd blame them?

You're grown (you're grown up),So grown (so grown up),Now I must say more than ever
Come on Eileen too-ra loo-ra too-ra loo rye aye, And we can sing just like our fathers....

Come on Eileen, oh, I swear (well he means), At this moment, you mean everything, You in that dress, my thoughts, I confess, Verge on dirty...Oh come on Eileen....

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:28 AM :: 10 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky