border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'm just an old lump of coal.....and other updates

But I'm gonna be a diamond some day...

First of all let me warn ya, my southern twang is in full force today but more on that later.

Friday I after whining, moaning and begging, I FINALLY got in to see a dermatologist. Long story short, the Minute Clinic was pretty close. I have some type of contact dermatitis that is/was airborn which is why it attacked my face and not the rest of body (thank goodness I gave up walking around my neighborhood in the nude or I could be in some serious trouble). The doc said that it could be poison ivy/oak. With all the walking/running/biking that I have been doing, if someone was mowing and mowed over the poison that it is very possible that it became airborn and that it attacked me (yikes...but I see the making of a very twisted horror flick out of all of this.... something along the genre of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes...hehe). Anyway, the Minute Clinic doc did all the right things except one...an important one...she was too conservative on the prednisone (yeah, like I was happy to hear this) so.....the dermatologist DOUBLED....yes DOUBLED my dose of prednisone.....Good news.....after just one day Cheeky is looking good (hahaha)and is not very itchy at all... bad news.....she definately ain't sleeping. I have to be on the prednisone for another TWO WEEKS slowly tapering off during the process (I had to take TWELVE yes you read that right TWELVE pills today). So goodbye Twoface.....just call me Poison Ivy (yeah, another Batman reference for ya).... Thanks to all of my friends out there and all the well wishes. You just don't know how much that meant to me.

OK so now on to why this Cheeky girl has the twang comin out in full force. Ya'll if you haven't seen Talledega Nights - The Legend of Ricky Bobby - you have to go! Stop reading, get in the car and go NOW! Ya'll know I was born and raised in the heart of Redneckville, NC - where Nascar is LIFE! Well, I was taken back home ya'll. I haven't laughed out loud so hard at a movie in a really long time. There are sooooo many one-liners from this movie and I will be sharing them with you over up coming blogs (gotta give you time to go see this - what? you are still reading? Get yourself out to the movies NOW - ya hear? - SHAKE-N-BAKE....watch the movie- you will understand).

Other than that, today has been ok. I am finding that I am way too hyper for my own good - ya'll its almost midnight and I am still wide awake.....

Since I have all this flippin energy - I am gonna head out to a new bike trail tomorrow - 17 miles long. Yeah, I am nuts from no sleep - but I have to do something cause all I wanna do is eat and we are just not gonna have me gaining back the weight I have worked so hard to lose.

That's my Saturday (ok Sunday morning) update for ya. I am sure there will be more later.....since I can't sleep.....yikes.....


Cheeky - who is singing....I'm turning Japenese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so......


Updated: Its 4:30am....I got a whole 3 hours sleep....wooohoo...umm NOT!....

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 12:28 AM :: 15 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky