border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Before I get started with my Thursday Thirteen - I wanted to say a huge "THANK YOU" for all of my cyber friends and your encouraging words and emails of support. Ya'll are the best!

Now, its time for some fun...and if you know me at all (or even just stop by the blog every now and then) you know that I am gonna sing...(hehe so here is your warning). I received a belated (but completely FABULOUS) birthday gift this week, and since this thing that is attacking my face (more on that later, but I have an appt with the dermatologist Friday AM) won't seem to let up and I have to cancel my trip to the 80's prom this weekend (but I will be going as soon as I can and Yep - I WILL be dressing up) I am gonna sing you some songs from my Time Life Superstars of the 80's CD set! (as long as I keep getting stuff like this...and I had better...hint hint...hehe....I am gonna keep singing to ya). So without further adeau.....Thirteen songs I am singing to keep my mind off of wanting to claw at my face....wait... that doesn't sound fun....let me try again... Thirteen Songs I sing when I ....well hell...basically when I just wanna sing ("and I'm fixin to sang"....HUGE bonus points for anyone who can name the movie and character that quote is from).

#1 Huey Lewis and the News - I Want a New Drug (this is sooo appropriate right now...LOL)...I want a new drug - one that won't make me sick, One that won't make me crash my car, or make me feel three feet thick. I want a new drug - one that won't hurt my head, One that won't make my mouth too dry, or make my eyes too red. One that won't make me nervous, wonderin' what to do. One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you, when I'm alone with you.

(what? you only thought I was gonna give you the title - no no no - ya'll are singing with me today....bwahahaha).

#2 - Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (and ya'll until you have heard me do this Kareoki style - you ain't heard nothin...LOL)...I come home in the morning light My mother says when you gonna live your life right, Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones, And girls they want to have fun, Oh girls just want to have fun...The phone rings in the middle of the night, My father yells what you gonna do with your life, Oh daddy dear you know you're still number one, But girls they want to have fun Oh girls just want to have - That's all they really want, Some fun, When the working day is done, Girls - they want to have fun..Oh girls just want to have fun...

#3 - Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl - Jessie is a friend, yeah, I know he's been a good friend of mine, But lately something's changed that ain't hard to define, Jessie's got himself a girl and I want to make her mine...And she's watching him with those eyes...And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it, Yeah 'n' he's holding her in his arms late, late at night....You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl, I wish that I had Jessie's girl, Where can I find a woman like that....

#4 - Tina Turner - Better be Good to Me - A prisoner of your love, Entangled in your web, Hot whispers in the night, I`m captured by your spell captured...Oh yes I'm touched by this show of emotion, Should I be fractured by your lack of devotion...Should I, should I.....Oh you better be good to me, That`s how it`s got to be now, Cause I don`t have no use, For what you loosely call the truth, Oh you better be good to me, Yes you better be good to me....

#5 - Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night - I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can so I can Watch you weave then breath your story lines. And I wear my sunglasses at night
so I can so I can Keep track of the visions in my eyes. While she's deceiving me it cuts my security. Has she got control of me? - I turn to her and say: Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades oh no. Don't masquerade with the guy in shades oh no I can't believe it! You got it made with the guy in shades oh no...

#6 - Scandal (featuring Patty Smythe) - Warrior - You run, run, run away, It's your heart that you betray, Feeding on your hungry eyes, I bet you're not so civilized...Well isn't love primitive, A wild gift that you wanna give, Break out of captivity...And follow me stereo jungle child, Love is the kill Your heart's still wild...Shooting at the walls of heartache, Bang, bang I am the warrior...Well I am the warrior And heart to heart you'll win If you survive the warrior, the warrior...

(are you singing yet....hehehe...Shell? what about you? hehe)

#7 - Eddie Money (featuring Ronnie Spector) - Take Me Home Tonight - I feel hungry it's a hunger That tries to keep a man awake at night Are you the answer I shouldn't wonder When I can feel you whet my appetite...With all the power you're releasing It isn't safe to walk the city streets alone, Anticipation's running through me, Let's find the keys and turn the engine on.

I can feel you breathe, I can feel your heart beat faster....Take me home tonight. I don't want to let you go till you see the light, Take me home tonight, Listen honey Just like Ronnie sang...Be my little baby.

#8 - The Thompson Twins - Hold me Now - I have a picture, pinned to my wall. An image of you and of me and we're laughing and loving it all. Look at our life now, tattered and torn. We fuss and we fight and delight in the tears that we cry until dawn...Hold me now, warm my heart,stay with me, let loving start (let loving start)

You say I'm a dreamer, we're two of a kind, Both of us searching for some perfect world we know we'll never find, So perhaps I should leave here, yeah yeah go far away But you know that theres no where that I'd rather be than with you here
today ....

#9 - Pat Benetar - Love is a Battlefield - We are young, Heartache to heartache we stand, No promises, no demands, Love is a battlefield...We are strong, no on can tell us we're wrong, Searchin' our hearts for so long, Both of us knowing...Love is a battlefield...You're beggin' me to go, you're makin' me stay, Why do you hurt me so bad, It would help me to know, Do I stand in your way, or am I the best thing you've had...Believe me, believe me, I can't tell you why...But I'm trapped by your love and I'm chained to your side....We are young, Heartache to heartache we stand, no promises, no demads, Love is a battlefield....

#10 - Naked Eyes - Always Something There to Remind Me - I walk along the city streets you used to walk along with me, and every step I take reminds me of just how we used to be. Well, how can I forget you, girl? When there is allways something there to remind me...always something there to remind me. As shadows fall, I pass a small cafe where we would dance at night... And I can't help recalling how it how it felt to kiss and hold you tight Well, how can I forget you, girl? When there is allways something there to remind me. always something there to remind me. I was born to love her, and I'll never be free. You'll always be a part of me....

#11 - The Cars - You Might Think - you might think i'm crazy, to hang around with you maybe you think i'm lucky to have something to do, but i think that you're wild and inside me is some child, you might think it's foolish, or maybe it's untrue you might think i'm crazy, but all i want is you you....

#12 - Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (or aka The Starbucks commercial - Roy Roy Roy - that just cracks me up every time I see it...) Risin' up, back on the street, Did my time, took my chances, Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet, Just a man and his will to survive...So many times, it happens too fast, You trade your passion for glory, Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past, You must fight just to keep them alive...It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, Risin' up to the challenge of our rival, And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger.....

Ok now if ya'll weren't singing before...you better be now.....(sending out a little dedication here - and you know who you are....)

#13 - Soft Cell - Tainted Love - Sometimes I feel I've got to, Run away I've got to Get away, From the pain that you drive into the heart of me, The love we share, Seems to go nowhere...And I've lost my light, For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night....Once I ran to you (I ran), Now I'll run from you, This tainted love you've given, I give you all a boy could give you, Take my tears and that's not nearly all Oh...tainted love....Tainted love



So....did ya play? Tell me about....Stud...(hehe a little Grease reference for ya).

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 4:36 AM :: 35 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky