border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mom, you hair looks like a tree.....

These words were spoken by the teenage daughter last evening as we were attending the man child's graduation from white to yellow belt.

I looked and her and said "Excuse me?". "Well", she said "its dark on the bottom and that is sorta like the bark and with the highlights on top - that is the leaves - you know bright like fall colors".

Mmmmmkay...I guess....maybe. So first she calls me a toilet mouth (scroll down for the rambling posts) and now she calls me tree head. Hmmmm.....not sure what to think about that.

The reason for this conversation was this past Monday I got my hair did (and YES, I will post pics - Mr. Cheeky is traveling and well the teenage daughter has alredy left for school so I need someone to take the pic - unless of course I do one of those myspace poses....ummm NO).

I got 4 inches....yep 4 INCHES cut (see the birtday post to see how long it was on Sunday) and finally got the red lowlights I wanted put in (ok its more of a reddish brown but I like it) and I still have some blonde. I can't go totally without blonde...I am a natural blonde (and yeah the some of those blonde jokes are true...hehe) and well that is just who I am....I can't deny that.

It has taken me a day or so to get used to it. I forgot how attached (no pun intended) I was to the longer hair. The middle of my back is a little chilly now and the pony tail I put in when I run (ok walk/run for my reindeer run training) isn't really long and boucy anymore...but I think its growing on me. I have been told its cute and others have said they like it and I did get the teenage daughters approval on Monday (before the tree comment yesterday). She was all worried that I was gonna cut it. She had forbidden me to do so....cause you know...she IS in charge!

Updated: I just took the dog outside and there was this horrible white stuff falling from the sky...

Cheeky who is singing some Katrina and the Waves cause she is in denial of the falling stuff...... used to think maybe you loved me, now baby I'm sure. And I just can't wait till the day when you knock on my door. Now every time I go to the mailbox, gotta hold myself down. 'Cause I just can't wait till you write me you're coming around. Now I'm walking on sunshine, oh oh! I'm walking on sunshine, oh oh! I'm walking on sunshine, oh oh! And don't it feel good!

I used to think maybe you loved me, now I know that it's true. But I just can't spend my whole life just-a waiting for you. I don't want you back for the weekend, not back for a day. 'Cause baby I just want you back and I want you to stay. Now I'm walking on sunshine, oh oh! I'm walking on sunshine, oh oh! I'm walking on sunshine, oh oh! And don't it feel good! Walking on sunshine, Walking on sunshine, I feel alive, I feel a love, I feel a love that's really real, I feel alive, I feel a love, I feel a love that's really real I'm on sunshine baby, oh yeah! I'm on sunshine baby..

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 9:09 AM :: 14 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky