border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Update (and yeah we laughed till our cheeks ached)

So, Saturday morning started pretty normal. I ran errands, Mr. Cheeky ran errands then we just did a few things around the house. Ahhhh but it was Saturday evening where we just started laughing and couldn't stop.

I met this girl at Rockin Rogers to see The Killer Hayseeds (they weren't half bad ya'll). Thank goodness we are perfect because we were raggin on everybody there. No one was safe. When the music started this one lady decided she needed to start off the dancing. OH poor thing but she was having fun (Katie has the video on that one). A little later, she was joined by this one in the white shirt and khaki skirt.....the video speaks for itself. Which I would show you but it is not cooperating right now - check back and maybe I can get it working in a bit.

A few beers and a thousand laughs later, Mr. Cheeky arrives and quickly becomes (as Katie has now dubbed him) our Cabana Boy. W (a lady that works with Mr. Cheeky er Cabana Boy) also joined us. We sat there laughing and joking and then W is getting the eye from young thing that thinks he is all that. I turned around and told Katie "W is getting the Look" - well I was right a few minutes later here he comes with some lame reason to ask W a question. It was all Katie and I could do to keep from busting out laughing.

There was this one dude there that I am sure had some identity issues because he thought he was all that in his army green tank top (which Katie says would look better on her). He was strutting his stuff - toooo funny! Then here he comes, the man with the meat on a stick - we had to get our picture made with that one and Katie did. Dude was so proud - look at his grin!



We also drunk dialed and texted Patti, sorry hon we had to do it. We just wished you were with us.

During the third set we hit the dance floor. About 3 people spilled their beer on me...on my butt to be more specific....in the same spot so once it dried the someone else had to do it. Grrrrr.... AND AND to top it all off, some fool stole my glow-in-the-dark headband right off my head (for others its a necklace, I am a child of the eighties so for me its a headband - you know kinda like Olivia Newton John in the Physical video). Yeah kinda makes you mad doesn't it? Well, I found on one the ground later (no, it wasn't mine, mine was multicolored this was all green) and I took it - dangit! So after the show we were toast (tired not drunk) and ready to head home. On the way out of the show we ran into this guy and had to take a picture of his necklace - speaks for itself.




So out to the parking lot a dude said he would give me a donut for my headband - I said NOPE not gonna do it - but he gave me a donut anyway. Katie hopped in the Cheeky mobile and off to Chez Cheeky we went. She needs a plaque or certificate or something for being the first blogger to stay at Chez Cheeky. I thought about playing some guitar hero or something but it was 1:30am and we had been out since 6:30 and I was tired (yeah, I know I am getting old so just shut it mmmmkay?).

Up late Sunday morning and Mr. Cheeky made us breakfast and then put up the new ceiling fan in my office. We sat and giggled about the previous night and then I took her back to her car. By the time I got back, Mr. Cheeky was back in the bed (well, so much for shopping at Albertville) but that was OK cause I was still tired and I joined him and the man child and off to snooozeville we went. The rest of the day was lazy until we had man child's soccer Jamboree. It was a great time and it means soccer is officially OVER - woohooo!

Made it an early night and was asleep before 9pm.

So that is what happened here - anything good happen where you are?

Cheeky who is singing (and yeah Katie heard me sing ya'll).....

Lazy yellow moon comin up tonite,
Shinin thru the trees,
Crickets are singin and lightning bugs
Are floatin on the breeze
Baby get ready.....

Across the field where the creek turns back by the ole stump road
Im gonna take you to a special place that nobody knows
Baby get ready.....ooooooooooo

You and me going fishing in the dark,
Lying on our backs and counting the stars
Where the cool grass grows.
Down by the river in the full moon light,
Well be fallin in love in the middle of the night
Just movin slow...

Stayin the whole night thru, feels so good to be with you...

Spring is almost over and the summers come
And the days are gettin long
Waited all winter for the time to be right, just to take you along
Baby get ready.....

And it dont matter if we sit forever and the fish dont bite
Jump in the river and cool ourselves from the heat of the night
Baby get ready.....ooooooooooo.

You and me going fishing in the dark,
Lying on our backs and counting the stars
Where the cool grass grows.
Down by the river in the full moon light,
Well be fallin in love in the middle of the night
Just movin slow...


You and me going fishing in the dark,
Lying on our backs and counting the stars
Where the cool grass grows.
Down by the river in the full moon light,
Well be fallin in love in the middle of the night
Just movin slow...


You and me going fishing in the dark,
Lying on our backs and counting the stars
Where the cool grass grows.
Down by the river in the full moon light,
Well be fallin in love in the middle of the night
Just movin slow...

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 9:40 AM :: 6 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky