border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, May 05, 2008

Weekend Update

Sooo......how was YOUR weekend???

Friday night was supposed to be bunco night. It was cold and rainy and quite frankly I was tired. I decided not to go. I treated myself instead to a night in my craft room. And, I loved it. Just me and back to back episodes of Desperate Housewives. Of course I had my usual mommy and taxi duties but the rest of the time was my time. So much so that I didn't go to bed until almost midnight. Friday also marked the arrival of Helga - her weekend adventures will be on tomorrow's post.

Saturday - for those of you not in the know, was National Scrapbook Day. That's right people, we get a holiday. So it was up early, shower, and don my scrappy t-shirt (one of 5 that I have), and out the door to hit the sales. I had coupons. It was a special day. Not only did I get some goodies for myself but also scored big time for my scrapper pal Whitney! Woot! Also, I went to a "stamper" yard sale and let me tell ya - it was a mad house. You would have thought it was the day after Turkey day there was these women were climbing all over themselves to get stuff. It was cool. I was polite. But I did manage to kick a few that were on their hands and knees digging in boxes and not letting me move. Oopsie - did I kick you?

Back home to do some scrapping - its was NSD after all. After once again doing taxi services, the manchild and I decided to go out on a date. We went to see IronMan! LOVED IT!! LOVE LOVE LOVED IT! I lurves me some Robert Downey Jr. anyway....but really lurved him in this one. I hope they make another one. After leaving the movie where we had too much cherry icee and popcorn, we headed over to store to get a few items and manchild HAD to get the Ironman game for Xbox. Its his money so - go for it. Then we were off to go pick up teenage daughter from work. It was an early night.

Sunday - L.A.Z.Y. not just a little bit - C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E.L.Y. L.A.Z.Y. All day long. I didn't wash dishes. I only cooked a little (sloppy joes so it wasn't hard). I did nothing except play taxi. Manchild and I did go visit teenage daughter at work to take her some food. While there we treated ourselves to some ice cream goodness (half off cause we have a workin girl now). Oh - toward the end of the day manchild and I did go on a bike ride....but that was it. All I did all day.

Today - I am taking the day off so I can wait from 8-4 for the dishwasher repair guy. I hope he comes early so those dishes I didn't wash can go in the washer - see I knew there was a reason for my laziness!

Tune in tomorrow and see what Helga has been up to.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:28 AM :: 10 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky