border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, October 09, 2008

I have taken over

So, the guy that I am filling in for is leaving next Tuesday. He keeps all his notes and information in his head. NOT GOOD. This means if I have a question, he automatically has the answer but I always follow up and say "so, when you are gone, where would I go to get that information?" and that is when I get the deer in the headlights look.

Don't get me wrong, I like this guy. Super nice, we have a lot more in common than you would think especially from a personal standpoint (side note to my bishes: you know the crap I have been going through this summer? well so has he...same thing in reverse). I think he is really smart. BUT (you knew there was a but didn't ya) he is the most unorganized person I have ever seen and it is driving me nuts.

So today, I have a project for him. He left early yesterday and I stayed late cleaning off the desk. Every stack, every file, every invoice, everything that has not been handled but needs his attention is in a stack (not quite a foot high but pretty close) and he is going to do NOTHING but that stack today. NOTHING. Anything else comes up, I will do it. Problem needs handling, I will do it. The VP (that I report to) loves this by the way. I sort of started my "bitchy" tirade half way through the day yesterday. I was being a smart eleck to him all day (but in a good fun way). I am not mean but just very matter of fact about it. He understands but still gives me crap. That is one of the things I like about this office - they all give each other crap on a daily basis. I love that!

I have also made a few friends out of the managers and directors. I had one come over to me about 15 mins before time to leave and ask me to do something. She assumed that I wouldn't do it until the following day. I said "are you going to be here in about 5 mins?" She said "yeah, why?". I said, "well give me 5 mins and this will be done". She was in shock. That is not what she expected. And because I just did it and didn't wait, I am now offering someone a job first thing this morning. If I would have waited, it could have delayed the offer which can cause all sorts of problems. She thanked me for doing it so quick and I said to her "well you have already done the hard part - that part was easy". She looked and me and said "I like your attitude".

Yes, I like this place of business. I like the service they provide. I like the people that work there. I like the fact they give each other crap. Yep, I like it.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:35 AM :: 6 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky