border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, April 26, 2010

An update of sorts.....

For those of you that aren't on Facebook with me....an update on my bootay....

The fall I took down the steps last week (see previous post and yes, its OK to laugh)apparently did more than just bruise the ego. I have a hairline fracture and a dislocated coccyx. This, my friends, is extremely painful AND the kicker....there is nothing that can be done for it. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. Which means I get to suffer for the next several weeks to months. I have some pain meds but can't take them at work and quite frankly they just make me loopy and nauseous and really don't help with the pain. Driving....is agony. I can handle about 10-15 mins and then I have got to get out of the car. So after working all day (where I now try and stand more than I sit because sitting is not only painful but makes the problem worse - and yes I have a donut pillow) I go straight in the house and put an ice pack on my bootay - yep go ahead - that deserves a visual - I will wait - and its OK to laugh - cause really it is funny.

I can lay on my side or sit on the sofa sort of on my side and be ok except now my hips are getting sore from sitting improperly. Luckily my lower back is not having any issues. Yet.

Walking and standing are no problem. Well, after I get up and move a minute then the pain stops so I see a lot of walking in my future. Guess that is one way to keep me moving - HA! Bending over is a problem. So no toe touching for me. I can bend at the knee and make a big production over trying to pick something up - or I can just yell and get one of the kids to come do it.

So needless to say, I caught up on a lot of movies from Netflix this weekend and stayed in bed a lot trying to rest the problem area. I have a regularly scheduled doc appt tomorrow for my blood work and I think I will get a second opinion to see what else I can do to help get some relief. But from the research I have done, I am not hopeful.

On a happier note, the purchase of the new house is going along nicely. Inspections are done. Everything looks good - just one or two minor issues. Getting everything lined up for closing next month.

Cheeky - who hopes her bootay gets better sooner rather than later...because I am moving soon - woohooo!

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:52 AM :: 3 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky