border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, May 08, 2006

What I did this weekend.....

I worked! Can you imagine? Actually I did a number things that I enjoyed. Saturday was a beautiful day so the decision was made to make a flower box around the ugly tree in my front yard. It was a good day of work but I didn't complain at all (I know, amazing isn't it?). Lots of pictures were taken in various stages however to spare me getting ticked off at blogger trying to load them I am only going to post the "before and after" pics.

Before.....ugly....



After....




Aren't the flowers lovely? I needed a little color. These are really going to look nice once they start filling out a bit. And yes, it still needs a brick or two and the lines need to be straightened out a bit, and it needs mulch - but it looks better than it did. The "minor details" will be taken care of this week.

Since it was National Scrapbooking Day, I spend Saturday night at Archivers in Maple Grove scrapbooking from 5-11p. I was rather proud of myself for getting 6 pages done. Now, this may not sound like a lot but if you are a scrapper, you know that is really good to get that many pages done in one sitting! Archiver's has crop nights every Friday and Saturday night so I may try to hit another one soon. I will be adding the completed pages to Cheeky's Pages in the next day or two, so stop by for a visit if you would like.

Its going to be a busy day with lots of real work (that I get paid for) today so no goofing off for me....ugh!

Cheeky - whose song for the day is Bonnie Tyler's - Total Eclipse of the heart....Once upon a time there was light in my life, now there's only love in the dark....nothin I can do - total eclipse of the heart...(no reason - just heard it and it stuck) OH don't forget to vote (see previous post)

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:42 AM :: 6 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky