border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ain't Nothin Gonna breaka my Stride - Ain't Nothing Gonna Slow Me Down ....

Oh no - gotta keep on movin (ok bonus points to those who know what song that is from - and yes, I am showing my age here).

The computer is still functional but to get it back to 100% I may lose everything - well ok that is dramatic - I will have to back up my files (which is fine) but the problem is I will loose my work functionality (but I may just ship it to my IT guru before trying anything drastic).

Anyway, - I don't want to talk about that anymore. I slept sooooo good last night without anything to assist me (no Tylenol Nighttime, no Ambien, nada) and I am in a GREAT mood today. Have lots to do today - many errands, lots of work - but I have the energy to do it. It has been a long time since I had this kind of energy which has me thinking about the episode of Oprah I watched yesterday about the 90 day live longer look younger plan. Now, I am in no way as pitiful as the lady that was on there but I could do a few more things to eat healthier and I started to wonder, I am eating things to zap my energy?

I have been trying to be healthier and eat more fresh veggies and fruits and staying away from the processed stuff over the last few months. But after my Charleston visit, this has changed from a "trying to" to a "I have to" situation. While I was there, I went to the Doc for my annual exam (is that a collective groan I hear from you laidies out there?). I stepped on the scale and was just mortified. I am not a small girl - but this is freaking ridiculous. This coupled with the fact that I just recently lost my Aunt (she had diabetes) and my Dad also has diabetes - I better take better care of myself.

So here it is my blogging friends - I am turning over a new leaf. I am going to drink more water and less sweet tea (the house wine of the south). I am going to have fresh veggies (not canned or frozen) at each meal. I am going to start reading labels for their nutritional value rather than to find recipies on the back. And most importantly, I am going to get off my bootay and start moving around. I am now scheduling time in my calendar each day to move (ok its exercise but I really don't like that word). The ultimate goal here is to be healthier, but I better lose some poundage or I am gonna be one angry cheeky (and you wouldn't like me when I am angry).

Cheeky - who wonders if this new found resolution to be a good girl will stick!

OH - It's AI night - who will be going home? Come back tomorrow for my update!

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:24 AM :: 7 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky