border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Sunday, April 23, 2006

An unexpected end to my trip

I have been having a wonderful time this week but I will have to recap the events in a later post.

Yesterday morning I awoke to a voice message from my Mom telling me my Aunt MaryAnn had passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning. This was a complete shock to me. I knew she wasn't in the best of health but this was completely unexpected. MaryAnn has suffered from diabetes for as long as I can remember. Recently, things had taken a turn for the worse but she was still doing fine. Apparently last night something happened (I don't know all the details yet) and her husband took her to the hospital and they told him they would do some dialysis and she would be fine, ummm apparently not. This is the second sister my Daddy has lost in recent years. He is handling it ok, but I think he his hiding some of his emotions. Dad suffers from diabetes as well (not to the degree MaryAnn did) and I am sure this is a huge eye opener for him on the need to take good care of yourself (I know it is for me - because I am at a huge risk of developing diabetes - I have it on both sides of the family).

At least I was close by and can attend the services. So I am in back in NC and services are scheduled for Monday afternoon. Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers the next couples of days.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:32 AM :: 8 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky