border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Friday, September 08, 2006

Random Thoughts Friday

Here we are again with another edition of Random Thoughts Friday - a chance for me to clear my head before the weekend begins.

This is one where Cheeky shows her "girly" side: Today begins the weekend event known as Scrapfest 06 at the MOA (see Mist - I can be taught....hehe). There are events going on all weekend. I am only able to participate in 2. A girl that works with Mr. Cheeky and possibly my new scrap buddy, Suzanna, is going with me to the Coon Rapids Archivers for "Scrap around town" tonight where we will scrap all night. Then, she is just going to stay the night with me (woohooo a girly slumber party that is so commonly called in the Cheeky house a "panty party" - that is a story for another time...hehe). Then, Saturday we are heading down to MOA for an all day thing. I am not sure what to expect except that I am sure that I will spend way too much money and have a great time doing it!!

Today, I am very busy. I have lots to do since tomorrow is basically shot. I have work work (duh) but in between interviewing I have to do some laundry and pack my bags. Why? you ask. Cause this girl is heading out on Sunday AM going BACK to Charleston - wooo hooo! Patti - I am staying through Monday, Sept 18th so if you are in S'ville gimme a call - we can go do the Electric Slide....hehe.

School started this week and I am worn out from doing the happy dance every day as I send those little darlings out the door! I forgot how much I really really really enjoy the start of school!

Oh, in case any of you are wondering, YES I did sing Kareoke at the wedding and no one took a picture damn it! What did I sing? Cecelia....your breakin my heart....you're shakin my confidence lately...Oh Cecelia, I'm down on my knees, I'm beggin you please to come home.....hehehe. And of course everytime anyone else got up to sing - our table - table 15 was singing just as loud as the one with the mic! It was a good time!

I bought a new ice cube case for my ipod - its really cool - problem is - I can't figure out how to open the damn thing without breaking it! And of course there were no directions in the box.....ugh! Maybe that is why it was on clearance???

My tooth still hurts like hell. Well, whats left of my tooth. The medication they gave me to sedate me was also supposed to give me amnesia so I would not remember anything - yeah, right, that didn't happen. OK so I don't remember the novacaine shot - that is good. But when he started grinding and drilling I remember it all. I started clinching my jaw (which only hurt me cause they had a splint in my mouth to keep it open) and clinching my hands (I was wringing that damn blanket they had on me - I almost ripped it). The dentist apologised but said that he had the meds turned up as far as he could do it......so yeah....I have been traumatized once again. I am sweating just thinking about it now. I came home and slept for a while and then developed a headache from my jaw being so tight and sore. So, now I have a temporary crown and it hurts like hell, its day 2 and I still can't put any pressure on it (is that normal?). I get me "real" one in 2 weeks and they better have some good drugs or I will have to bring my own mmmmkay??? Could you imagine if I had to get a root canal? They might as well just completely put me under for days on that one.

I have been working on my tribute for Monday and may post it early. One thing that really got to me as I was doing my research on this guy was that he was my age. Literally, just 3 months older than me. I have written and re-written the post. I want to do him justice and make his family proud (if they should happen to stumble across the posting). I have also decided that I am going to make it my goal to visit each and everyone of the bloggers that participated. It will probably take several days but I feel compelled in some way to do it.

So that is it - my random post for Friday. I need something to get my moving this morning so I think a little Van Halen (not Van Hagar)is in order....Girl, you really got me now, You got me so I don't know what I'm doin', Girl, you really got me now, You got me so I can't sleep at night...Girl (Girl), you really got me now, You got me so I don't know where I'm goin'....Oh yeah (Yeah), you really got me now, You got me so I can't sleep at night....You really got me (Oh!), You really got me (Whoa-oh)...You really got me

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:56 AM :: 5 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky