border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Saturday, October 21, 2006

I have become a danger to hands....

Stop me now before it moves to other body parts. Remember last week while I was making the invitations for teenage daughter's halloween party I took a big chunk out of my index finger? Well if you don't scroll down and read. Well, the index finger is almost healed so what did I do last night? Decided to take a huge chunk out of my thumb (on the same hand as the other incident) and nail all in one swoop. I was making my wonderful, fabulous, chicken nachos and was chopping the tomatos to go on top when it came out of the oven and while I was doing my wonderful Rachel Ray chopping impersonation - whack! there goes half my nail and part of my thumb! You should see the scars on my hands from where we had a wood stove in the house in NC. I have burn scars everywhere. My hands don't deserve this abuse. Poor things.


Speaking of my hands....while at the science museum yesterday (which is way cool by the way), they had this whole display on the human body and how things work and blah blah blah. Well they had this thing where you could put it up to your skin and see it super magnified on a screen. The kids were loving it and said "Here Mom, put your hand down" well I did and then there was this HUGE red spot on the screen where my hand was.....what the crap is that? Teenage daughter said "Ewww Mom gross what is that?". I pulled my hand away really quickly to see just what the crap was on my hand and I saw nothing until you get really really really close there is a tiny little red spot, so tiny you really can barely see it - that is until you put a huge magnifier on it for the whole world to see....yeah that is what I wanted.

Cheeky - who must go now and finish her costume for tonight....so here is a little Oingo Boingo for ya.....I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go, Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder....Waiting for an invitation to arrive, Goin' to a party where no one's still alive...I was struck by lighting, Walkin' down the street, I was hit by something last night in my sleep. It's a dead man's party. Who could ask for more. Everybody's comin', leave your body at the door...Leave your body and soul at the door...(Don't run away it's only me)

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 10:41 AM :: 8 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky