border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The time has come and the decision has been made

The vet confirmed what we already knew in our hearts. It is kinder to Willie to let him go than to keep him living in his present condition. We have made the decision to put him to sleep next week. Our reason for waiting is somewhat selfish. First of all, I have to find a way to explain it to the kids. But mostly, I want the extra time to spend with him. To cater to him, to love and snuggle him just a little more. It will give me time to let go slowly I think, at least I hope. So, next Wednesday, at 5:30pm we will be saying our final goodbyes to our darling Weezer.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness and support. Willie is not just a pet. He is my first child with a personality all his own.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 10:00 PM :: 16 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky