border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I have a confession to make....

First, let me say a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTI!!!! Keep an eye on the mail!

Now on to the confession.....

I am in love with another man. He is the most loving and wonderful creature and the greatest snuggler and sleeping partner. His name....Sylvester. His age...2. He is a beautiful American shorthair cat that I adopted from the shelter this weekend. He is the most affectionate animal I have EVER seen (and I am loving every single minute of it). At first we were a little concerned because he has not been declawed but he has yet to use his claws on furniture, his new brother (Willie - even though he did gently "pop" him) and his new sister (Kitty - who is really being a witchy little thing - but I expected that from her - she is not very social or loving which is why I wanted Sylvester). Sylvester (aka White Feet - cause he is black with white paws), is also very vocal and I swear he is calling me Momma already.

I have been slowly introducing the new kitty with the resident kitty and it really has been a treat to watch. They haven't really yelled at each other but they do tip toe around. Its kind of funny. I only keep them together a little bit each day. I try to give them a little more time as the days go on. I didn't just want to come home on Saturday and say here he is - resident Kitty would not have like that at all.

Saturday night we went to see the Minnesota Wild play the Columbus Blue Jackets. Now, I can't say that I am a hugh Wild fan (hockey - YES, Wild - eh so-so) but you do have to pull for the home team and the home team is really doing well this year. Currently they are 5-0 (one of only two teams in the league that are currently undefeated in the regular season) so the excitement is really great!

Sunday was a lazy day. We have so much coming up over the next several weekends that I decided to just take a day and chill. But I did do something that I should not have done. I knew better than to do it. I knew better than to start it. But I did it anyay. I started playing Diablo again and I am hooked AGAIN!

Have ya'll been watching the new series Heroes?? If you haven't been, then you should. It is really good and I am totally hooked and its killing me that they leave it hanging at the end so you come back next week to see what happens! LOVE IT!

OH I have to tell you what was in the bag from the man child - it was wet beach sand all rolled up like a Jimmy Dean sausage...actually it did look like dog poop and I was a little concerned about it...LOL When Mr. Cheeky saw it he thought it was dog poop too.

Well that is about it from me today so I will leave you with a little team spirit...The Wild Anthem. Go here to hear it (its actually kinda cool for Minnesota that is...haha)....the words are below....


MINNESOTA WILD ANTHEM
We were raised
With the stick
And a pair of blades
On the ice we cut our teeth
We took our knocks
In the penalty box
Our mother was the referee

This sport was here
Before we came
It will be here when we're gone
The game's in our blood
And our blood's in the game
Lay us down under
A frozen pond

We will fight to the end
We will stand and defend
Our flag flying high and free
We were born the child
Of the strong and wild
In the state the state
Of hockey
A big blue line runs around our state
A line that can't be crossed
The day they try to take this game
Is the day the gloves come off

We will fight to the end
We will stand and defend
Our flag flying high and free
We were born the child
Of the strong and wild
In the state the state
Of hockey.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 10:05 AM :: 6 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky