border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Friday, March 09, 2007

Its time for SPF

Don't know what SPF is? Well you should. Head on over to Kristine's place over at Random and Odd (the link is in my blogroll) and pay her a visit. This weeks assignment: Luggage

This is a small little case that I have had forever. I can't quite remember where it came from. It may have been my grandmothers or I may have stolen it from my sister as a kid. All I know as I have had it forever and if I ever decide to skip town its one of the things I would take with me (you know beside cash, credit cards, oh and kids LMAO....). It contains some things that are very near and dear to my heart. Look closely and you will see that it still has the moving sticker on it - the little blue one.



Take a peek inside. Letters from high school and college. Remember when you used to pass notes to your friends/boyfriends and fold them all cute in high school? Well that is what that little folded thing is on top. Wanna read it? Nope...hehe. But maybe in another post. There are other things in there too. Pictures, little cutesy stuff (like cute pens and things - I was a cute pen addict for as long as I can remember) and see that yellow rope? That was what I wore during graduation (along with my beta club stuff) because I was an honor grad (see I told ya I was smart). Oh there are also letters in there from my various pen pals (you know in the days before computers when you actually wrote letters and mailed them? I had three pen pals. Two from the Phillipines (yeah I was worldly even in my younger days) and one from Bangor, ME. I wonder what they are doing now.



BUT I will show you something that is inside. This is a group picture of all the kids I went to preschool/daycare with - the name of the daycare was - ready for this....Humpty Dumpty Daycare (how cute is that? I amaze myself with the stuff I remember). Oh and the picture was damaged several years ago when my dog decided he needed to snack on it). I was 3 or 4 in this picture (and I still remember so much about this place - I started Kindergarten when I was 4). Amazingly, I went through 12 years of school and graduated with several of these people and one of them is Mr. Cheeky's cousin. I still know their names too (those other than the cousin). Darin G., Steve R., Jeremy C. and Jeremy C.'s little brother being held by Mrs. White (on the left), Mariah N., Cheryl B. (the cousin), Wendy W. (Mrs. White's daughter - Mrs. White was the owner). The lady in the dark glasses was the lunch lady and while I can't remember her name I do remember that she made some mean cheese grits for breakfast....mmm mmm good! Can you guess which one I am? Come on give it a try.....I bet you can. Scroll down for the answer...





Yeah, I am the cute little girl with blonde hair in the blue checked dress. Man I was cute! hehe

Oh and as a side note - today is the anniversary....care to guess how long?

Cheeky who #1 wants to know if you played and #2 is singing a little of the Boss....

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Well there's a girl that lives up the block
back in school she could turn all the boy's heads
Sometimes on a Friday I'll stop by
and have a few drinks after she put her kids to bed
Her and her husband Bobby well they split up
I guess it's two years gone by now
We just sit around talking about the old times,
she says when she feels like crying
she starts laughing thinkin about

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Labels:


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 12:58 AM :: 23 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky