border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Update

So here we are again another Monday. So what did I do this weekend? I watched it SNOW....all weekend.....well, ok all Saturday and parts of Sunday. We got a total of about 10-14 inches depending on where you are standing in the yard. There are some serious snow drifts (the wind was crazy). Our neighbor across the street had drifts that were well over 2 feet. We have a couple days to dig out and then we are getting more Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

Friday: We did go to B-dubs after all and they were very slow on the wings (but man they were good). Trivia was hard. All this stuff about things that happened in February, who was born in February, this was signed in February...ick! I still did ok but I did a lot of guessing and so did most of the other people there I think.

Saturday: The snow was coming down but the roads weren't terrible yet so we decided to go do a little shopping. Mr. Cheeky and the man child decided to get haircuts. Came home and even though the roads were starting to get a little hairy outside we went to a dinner party that was previously planned before we knew about the snow. Had a nice time. The kids had a nice time. The drive back was a little ugly. The wind had died down and the snow was starting to get pretty thick. Got back with no problems. The man child was introduced to WarCraft III at this gathering. I have all of the War Craft games but I haven't played them in a long time because I have been playing Diablo. Well of course as soon as we got back we had to install Warcraft on MY laptop for him to play. (why my laptop? because teenage daughters computers is OLDER than dirt and the house or family PC is the one I use to play Diablo - he can't be taking up MY playing time LOL). So, the man child and I played PC games all night. He sat beside me at my desk - it was a bonding moment LOL.

Saturday night/Sunday morning: Ummm this was freaky ya'll I have NEVER EVER EVER heard of THIS before. I have heard of snow storms, and thunder storms with lighting but I never knew the two could be combined. Yep, that's right, I woke up to thunder and I saw lightning while it was snowing in the night. And NO I wasn't dreaming because the man child even came in the room and said "Mom did you hear that?". Weird!

Sunday: Up early and guess what happened. Yep, it was time to dig out. Grabbed the shovels and out the door. Thank goodness men like their toys because once the neighbor across the street finished snow blowing his drive he came and did ours and he was grinning from ear to ear (ick Minnesotans and their love of snow...ick). BUT before he got there I did manage to pull my back and shoulder shoveling that heavy stuff. THEN no sooner than he plowed and everything was looking good....yep that's right, the city came and plowed the road and just where do you think it went...yep right back at the end of my drive!!!!! I went back out and shoveled a space big enough for Mr. Cheeky to get out of (he and the teenage daughter were going to the hockey game) then the neighbor came back and plowed the rest of it.

The rest of the day was pretty lazy. Played some games, did some stuff around the house. Nothing major really.

Monday: UP again at the butt crack of dawn. What for you ask? To go to the GYM! I have been every day except Sunday (and that is only because I considered shoveling that white crap exercise enough). I am doing good on staying motivated and if feeling better wasn't motivation enough, I stepped on the scales and I was not happy - not happy at all. All that hard work I did last spring was almost completely ruined but I am a stubborn cuss and I am gonna show that scale who is boss!

Cheeky who in honor of going to the gym and hating every minute of it is singing a little Rodney Atkins:

Well you know those times
When you feel like there's a sign there on your back
Say's I don't mind if ya kick me
Seems like everybody has
Things go from bad to worse
You'd think they can't get worse than that
And then they do

You still walk the straight and narrow
And you don't know where you are
Use the needle of your compass
To sew up your broken heart
Ask directions from a genie
In a bottle of Jim Beam
And she lies to You
That's when you learn the truth

If you're going through hell
Keep on going, Don't slow down
If you're scared, don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

Well I been deep down in that darkness
I been down to my last match
Felt a hundred different demons
Breathing fire down my back
And I knew that if I stumbled
I'd fall right into the trap that they were laying, Yeah

But the good news
Is there's angels everywhere out on the street
Holding out a hand to pull you back upon your feet
The one's that you been dragging for so long
You're on your knees
You might as well be free
Guess what I'm saying
If you're going through hell
Keep on going, Don't slow down
If you're scared, don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

Yeah, If you're going through hell
Keep on moving, Face that fire
Walk right through it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

If you're going through hell
Keep on going, Don't slow down
If you're scared, don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

Yeah, If you're going through hell
Keep on moving, Face that fire
Walk right through it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there
Yeah you might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:33 AM :: 8 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky