border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, February 19, 2007

Weekend in Review

Ya'll I was busy this weekend so why don't ya grab yourself something to drink and sit a spell while I lay it all out for ya.

Friday night - it was B-dubs night. Went a little earlier than usual but that is cool. Met a really nice couple. Actually, the guy works with Mr. Cheeky and they live fairly close to us (they live down in Maple Grove). They are fairly similar to us actually which is nice. Let me break it down for ya:

Them
Moved here Dec 06
In culture shock
Has 3 kids (8,9,14)
She is a SAHM

Us
Moved here in Dec 05
Still recovering from culture shock
Has kids (8,14)
I am a work from home mom

And are ya'll ready for this??? They were NOT afraid to play trivia with me....let me repeat...they were NOT afraid to play trivia with me. That in and of itself spoke volumes to me. As a matter of fact the guy told me he had heard about my ability and he still wasn't scared off. Now, if only she was a scrapper I would be a happy camper LOL (well can't have it all can ya?).


Saturday:

Headed out to Coon Rapids for a little shopping. Needed some supplies from Archivers and Michaels. Saw the "hot now" sign at the Krispy Kreme and I HAD to stop in...ya'll that is pure HEAVEN. All hot and soft and melt in your mouth good. While out shopping, Mr. Cheeky and I got a wild hair up our butts and started looking at paint (didn't I say I wasn't ever gonna paint again?). Decided we would do the bathroom, it is small (like really really small for a master bath - the south has much larger bedrooms and bathrooms but I digress...). So we found a cool color and since we had a wild hair why not make it completely crazy and do a faux finish. Decisions decisions. Went back home and tried to nap but it wasn't happening so I went down stairs and played in my craft room. Got up and made a big ol bowl of guacamole (my guac rocks ya'll) for a mexican themed dinner party. Then, there was an incident with the man child and the little heathens that live in this neighborhood which gave me a serious dose of reality - actually reality slapped me right up side the face without a glove(I will talk about it later - I am in a good mood and I really don't want to get myself upset right now). So, we thought it best not to go to the dinner party and instead decided to do something with the kids. What did we do? Well, we went to see Ghost Rider. It was playing on the Monster screen at the theather. LOVED.IT. Seriously, ya'll....LOVED.IT. And I love that it left it open for a second one and seeing as how it made some mooolah at the box office this weekend I am hoping they will make another one.


Sunday:

Got up and had breakfast before the man child's hockey game. Got there and the doors were locked. Huh? Lights were out. Did they cancel? Went home and looked at the schedule and realized that we were an hour early...d'oh! So we hung out a while an then back to the game. Man child did really really good. Came home - scarfed down a sammich and then Mr. Cheeky went out to get the paint while I prepped. Yep, we decided to go for it. Faux finish and all. It took a really really looooooooooong time to do that room. Seriously, you have to work in sections and then let it set up then go over it with a tool.

This is the before shot - don't you just LOVE that shower curtain? hehe



This is the work in progress.....it took a long time to get to that point...


Kitty girl climbed the ladder to supervise my work...


I had to use the ladder so she sat on the other throne to supervise...


This is the back wall as it is drying. Still need to touch up the corner and along the shower but its coming along....



This is a close up of the wall - sorry its blurry but I was tired...haha



It takes time but ya'll, and I am not just saying this cause I did it, but I think it looks snazzy! Not bad at all for the first journey into the faux finish land. We completed 3 of 4 walls and decided to call it a night (we started as Kelly Clarkson was singing before the Daytona 500 and didn't finish until the end of Family Guy - so yeah it was ALL DAY). Most likely will finish the other wall and do a little touch up sometime this week. After we got everything cleaned up, I was whipped. All that stretching and reaching and painting really took it out of me. Laid down to watch American Dad and the man child wanted to watch a movie so he went and got Madagascar and crawled in the bed in my room - I was snoozing before they hit "the wild". I slept really hard too - you know, one of those dead to the world, sleep all night sleeps.

Which brings us to today. Monday. Up earlier than I wanted considering its a holiday and I don't have to work and the kids are out of school (yeah its the cats fault again) but its OK. Not real sure what we are gonna do today, we might go shopping, we might hang out here, we might go to the movies - its just one of those kinda do what ya wanna do kind of days.

Cheeky - who is still thinking about Ghost Rider and will probably have the teenage daughter pimp out Cheeky's myspace with a flamin' skull and who is thinking of going to see it again is singing.......

An old cowpoke went ridin' out one dark and windy day,
Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way
When all at once a mighty herd of red eyed cows he saw
Come rushin' through the ragged skies and up a cloudy draw.

Yipie i ay Yipie i oh
Ghost riders in the sky

Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath you could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky
He saw the riders coming hard... and he heard their mournful cry

Yipie i ay Yipie i oh
Ghost riders in the sky.

Their face is gaunt their eyes were blurred their shirts all soaked
with sweat
They're ridin' hard to catch that herd but they 'aint caught 'em yet
'cause they've got to ride forever in the range up in the sky
On horses snorting fire as they ride hard hear them cry

Yipie i ay Yipie i oh
Ghost riders in the sky.

The riders leaned on by him he heard one call his name
If you want to save your soul from hell a riding on our range
Then cow-boy change your ways today or with us you will ride
Tryin' to catch this devil herd.... a-cross these endless
skies.

Yipie i ay Yipie i oh
Ghost riders in the sky.
Ghost riders in the sky.
Ghost riders in the sky.

Labels: ,


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:40 AM :: 16 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky