border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Did you know I am as smart as a Doctor?

For those of you that are following the tale of the bloody heel.....I went to the doctor yesterday. I purposefully did not change the bandage before going (I had changed it earlier in the day) so that the doc could see what I was dealing with. So as the nurse was doing the work up, she suggested that I update my tetanus shot. I was unsure when I had my last one (I am sure it has been quite a while) and she said that with an open wound that it is a really really good idea to get one. I relented and let her do it. So she gave me the shot and a Hello Kitty band aid (yeah, I so thought of you Jenie). Doc comes in. Takes a look and says "looks like you have an open would there" ....duh! She continued to say, "looks like you have a hematoma (like a blood blister) in there. DUH again. So she proceeds to squeeze it hard to get some of the blood out (if it wasn't sore before, it was after). Then she says....well it will probably take another week or so to get better and though it is not infected lets give you some antibiotics just in case since it is an open wound.

Ummm how much did I pay for this visit? Ummm didn't I already know this much when I walked in your door? And you went to school for how long to tell me this??? So when all is said and done, I have a super sore arm now (from the tetanus), a regimen of horsepill antibiotics that I take 3 times a day for the next week or so, and a bloody heel. Niiiiiiiice.

Oh and for your reading enjoyment.. This. I love it when people have a sense of humor.

Labels:


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:51 AM :: 9 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky