border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Wednesday, August 01, 2007

We are safe!

Thank you for all your calls, emails, and texts. We are all safe and sound (Katie and the Mutt Princess too). How scary is it that just ONE HOUR before this bridge collapsed the teenage daughter was on it. As of right now (8:21pm central) there is one confirmed death from drowning. I hope there are not more but I am sure we will find out as new information becomes available. And for those of you that have known of my strange issues of not sleeping before things like this happen or when family members die (you would know this if you read my 300 things post).....I didn't sleep at all last night. I spent all morning telling Mommy K and Melted Snowballs about how I didn't get a bit of sleep last night and my dear Uncle John was admitted to the hospital today....coincidence??? maybe.....(twilight zone music here....)

Updated to add that there are now 6 confirmed dead - please pray for these families and for those that are injured and for those that are helping in the search and rescue/recovery efforts.


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 9:19 PM :: 14 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky