border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, January 07, 2008

Ice Dam or Damn Ice, Weekend Update and I was TAGGED

Ok so I got a lot here today so grab a cup a joe and sit a spell mmmmkay?

Friday night was Bunco night. Once again I had really great time. I ended up taking mini swiss and spinach quiches for the appetiser. Thanks to all of you that gave me suggestions, I will be trying them on future Bunco nights. We already have a lady to host the next one but I think I will volunteer to host the March game. We will see.

Saturday. Nothing major. Mr. Cheeky took man child to hockey. When he got home we took a family trip to Costco and I got lots of stuff and then came home and played with my new Foodsaver that my Mommy got me for Christmas. Then it was a trip to B-dubs for dinner and mmm mmm mmmmm it sure did hit the spot. We came home and played a little Rock Band then hit the bed for an early rise.

Sunday. Woke up at O'Butt Early for Manchild's hockey game. Discovered that we have a problem. Water slowly dripping out of the light fixture at the front door. We suspect that we have an ice dam. Not something you want to wake up too early in the morning. I guess since the temps have been so moderate and the snow is melting is why we even found it. I am making a call to someone this morning to come and check it out. I am hoping that it is a result of wind damage rather than poor insulation. If it is weather related then insurance will pay and not whine about it but if its the latter then they will pay but could drop us. We didn't have to worry about this crap in the south ya'll.

On to the hockey game where manchild SCORED! Sweet! Came home and it was just 8:30 and I decided I was still tired so, I got my nitey shirt back on and back to bed. I rested/slept (mostly slept) until noon. Got up and started dinner in the crock pot (see below in the weird things). Helped Mr. Cheeky do a "round" (doing a round means you do a general quick clean around the house, pick things up, quick dusting and vac), picked up some pics that I am going to be scrappin Monday and then just chilled.

OK moving on. I was tagged. Here are the rules:

Here’s how it works:

Link to the person that tagged you: Fantastagirl


Post the rules on your blog. And here they are:

Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 Weird things - here we go.....

*I always put my left sock on first and then my right. Same with shoes. ALWAYS! I just feel wrong if I do it the other way around.

*My finger nails will grow until I start to notice they are getting nice and then they break. If I ignore them then they are fine - but I can never ignore them.

*I don't think I get kissed nearly enough. This needs to change.

*I am going to miss watching Dan Rather this coming election. Have you ever watched him and the things he says? "Don't bet the trailer money on it yet" and other great sayings.....seriously, if they are gonna interrupt my shows at least make it entertaining.

*You know, eating pig is really underrated. I made some killer pig butt (Boston Butt is what it is "technically" called) last night and it was AWESOME!

*I went to the craft store this weekend and only spent $20 - I think I might be sick or something.

*Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name. And their always glad you came.

That's it - that's my seven. I am not going to tag anyone but if you want to "borrow" it for yourself go for it - and let me know so I can come read about your weirdness and not feel so odd..LOL

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:11 AM :: 14 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky