border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, March 16, 2009

So, I am nostalgic......but you knew that

So this weekend, Friday night/Sat morning to be exact, I was awake. I had went to bed at a decent hour but woke up about 3am-ish. So I decided to go downstairs and watch a little tv. I laid on the couch, wrapped up in a quilt and got all comfy (in case I fell back asleep). As we all know, late night/early morning TV stinks unless of course you are a connoisseur of infomercials (which I am by the way). I got tired of infomercials so I decided to watch TV land. I was drifting in and out and then that is when it happened. Elvis - live from Hawaii came on(it was a re-run from the 70's of course - we all know that Elvis is now living comfortably in hiding) . No way I am sleeping now. I lurves me some Elvis. Even the mutton chopped, bejeweled, bell bottom wearing Elvis. Kitty Girl layed with me, actually snuggled a little (shocker I know) and watched it - all of it. Apparently, she lurves her some Elvis too.

Saturday was just a regular day except....it was in the lower 50's - say it with me now...AAAHHHHHHHH. The snow was melting like crazy (lots of ponds now exist in low lying areas). Did a little errand running and got some honkers for the grill. Oh yes, the grill had thawed out and was ready to be used. Say it with me now AAAAAHHHHHH.

Sunday...was coupon day. Clipped the coupons, looked at the sales, tried to figure out where the best deal was and then headed out. Went to 3 stores. The cost of shopping was reduced roughly 33%. I saved about $75 with coupons and deals......not too shabby if I say so myself. The rest of the afternoon was spent enjoying the sun and warmth (mid 50's).

Cheeky - who has this stupid commercial stuck in her head. Teenage daughter loves it....its driving me nuts......




You are singing it now aren't you??????

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 5:50 AM :: 3 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky