border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Friday, May 14, 2010

Buying houses can be such fun......

So, its Wednesday night. I am stuck at the airport in MN trying to get to SC so I can close on my new house. I end up going home and trying again the next morning - which was yesterday.

Finally, I am on the airplane at "0 dark thirty" Thursday morning just cruising along listening to my ipod and I may or may not have been "be bopping" my head. I may or may not have been that person who decides she needs to sing out loud and serenade the plane. I will neither confirm nor deny this allegation.

I get off the plane and walk outside and I know I had the biggest, cheekiest grin on my face. Ahhhh the sun.....Ahhhhh the heat. LOVE IT! So happy to be moving back home to the south. So very happy.

I did the final walk through on the house. Ummmm the sellers haven't even started packing yet (dude, I have 4 weeks left in MN and I have already started packing 2 weeks ago) and they have to be out by 5p tomorrow....I really hope they have a lot of help or a company coming in cause its not gonna be a happy time in their lives if not).

Closing didn't happen. Lots of people with various banks and the underwriters did not do their job. I wouldn't be so concerned except for the last 3 weeks we have said to the bank daily "is there anything else you need" and daily they have said "no, we've got it under control" then in the eleventh hour they are asking for things we can't put our hands on because ....HELLO the files are in MN! So we get the bank names and numbers and the bank is claiming no one is calling them back. Well, see, here is the thing, you have to make the initial call and leave a message if you want anyone to call you back. The bank didn't even bother calling these people to start with. And yet they are trying to say no one is calling them back. I have the feeling lots of people are not being truthful. Heads should roll but unfortunately, just like the airlines....they don't care. There is NO customer service and they are acting like they are doing us a favor. I have bought and sold LOTS of houses over the years. I know how it works. This is the worst experience we have ever had. We are scheduled to close at 1:00p today. Any bets on whether or not it happens? As of right now (8:30a) things are not looking good.

But let's be positive for a moment. IF it does happen, then the rest of the day will be spent with me running around like a mad woman trying to get new tags for my car (my MN tags expire this month and why should I pay for new ones there and turn around and get new ones here? Plus the new SC ones are so pretty), getting a new SC license cause lets face it - I HATE my MN one - but if I run out of time this can wait....maybe, getting insurance for said cars and boat(its in place just need to go pay for it), then heading out to find happy hour SOMEWHERE! HA!

Cheeky - who, in spite of all that has happened or could continue to happen, is sitting in the sun with a smile on her face!

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:26 AM :: 2 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky