border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Time to make a change....

It is time to make a change and I am not quite sure what to do and if I don't do something about it professionally soon, I am gonna grab a pair of scissors and start hacking myself. Yes, its time to change the hair. Now you must understand that I have very fine (but a lot of it), very straight hair and I can't wear certain styles.

I used to wear short hair all the time. But of course, when its short you want it long, when its straight you want it curly - you know the old story. When I lived in NC, I started growing it out for the first time in my life. At first, it drove me crazy but over time I came to get used to it. I have kept it at shoulder length now for quite some time. Actually, as I type this, it is 2-3 inches below my shoulders. Its not that I don't like the longer hair, but as I said, its very fine, so with the weight it is just flat on my head (I am a child of the 80's flat hair just is not allowed). Using products just makes it look dirty and really doesn't hold that well. I am naturally blonde - but its more of a dark blonde, so I started getting highlights to slightly 'damage' my hair so it would have a little "ummph" which actually helped quite a bit.

Now that I am working from home, feel more comfortable to take a chance and do something a little different but I don't know what. I want new color, I want a new style and I think I may want to go short again (the teenage daughter has forbid me from doing this). The bad part about this is that my favorite hair stylist is in NC. I could just go sit in Brandi's chair and say do something and I could trust her to work her magic and it always looked good. When I lived in SC, I would drive 3 hours just to get my hair done (oh, and I would visit Mom and Dad too since I was there). So, not knowing who to go to makes it harder to make that change.

I need to do something soon because my bangs are way too long and getting in my face all the time and just generally getting on my last nerve.

Cheeky - who wonders - Is Blondie a good hair role model??

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:29 AM :: 8 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky