border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, September 11, 2006

2996 - A Tribute to the victims of 9/11 - Edward Raymond Vanacore

As I began thinking about this post, a number of things came to mind. First of all, I couldn't help but think that this man was just a mere 3 months older than I am (almost to the day).

I began thinking of that morning and that I along with the rest of the world was going about my daily business. I had recently been laid off from my job and so I was at home. It was an absolutely beautiful day in NC and I had just hung out a load of laundry. I even smiled and thought to myself what a beautiful morning it was. Then all of that changed as I came in the house and turned on the TV. The first plane had just crashed and I was devastated. I had worked in the airline industry for a while and so this kind of news always got my attention.

I began to think that as I wrote about Edward I didn't want it to read as some sort of obituary. I wanted those that read this to think about the life that Edward lead. To remember that he was a person that had friends and loved ones, just like you or I.

Edward Raymond Vanacore was the youngest of 6 children. From the things I have been able to read about him, he was compassionate, he loved adventure, and he lived life to the fullest. I learned that he had one of those smiles that just made everyone around him happy. He was kind. Of all of the tennants that lived in his 10 floor apartment complex, Edward was the only one that would speak to the doorman everyday. That was just the kind of person he was.

He was an accomplished pianist and tenor sax player and played with the BC Bop Jazz Ensemble at Boston College where he received his Bachelors Degree graduated Magna cum Laude in 1994 and eventually earned his Masters of Science in Finance in 1995.

He had a taste for adventure whether it was jetting off to Spain or Portugal, or whitewater rafting in Colorado. Just a year and a half before 9/11 he realized one of his dreams and purchased a sunset orange Harley-Davidson. He would ride it in the rain or snow. Even though his parents were concerned for his safety, he always would call his Mom to let her know he was alright. He called her on that tragic day. Edward was a Vice President at Fiduciary Trust International on the 94th floor of 2 World Trade Center. He called to let her know that he was ok after the first plane hit. That was the last call she would receive from him.

Edward was not famous. He was not a superstar. But he was loved by friends and family and he like so many others that died that day, will be remembered. Please join me in remembering and visit the other tributes that are being posted today. You can find them by clicking the 2996 link in my sidebar.





Edward Raymond Vanacore, Age 29

Born: April 15, 1972
Died: Sept. 11, 2001

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 6:55 AM :: 60 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky