border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dang! It's Chilly

Current temp as I sit here typing: 1 (yeah - you read that right - ONE!). Wind chill...... -18. Poor teenage daughter has to stand out in that to catch the bus. OK OK even though she catches the bus right beside the house, I am gonna warm up the car and let her wait in there....cause I am nice like that.

Thought I would do some random things today - you know, time to clean out the brain.

I am feeling rather proud of myself this season. ALL of the gifts for my side of the family in NC (parents, sister, b-i-l, niece, nephew, cousins kids~we only buy for the little ones when we get that far out~, everybody) IS DONE!!! So I will be wrapping and getting a big ol package together in the next couple of days!

The man child is still doing really well in karate. He is about to get his green belt. His goal was to have it by the holidays. Graduation to the next level is once a month so if he doesn't graduate next Tuesday he will in January (second Tues. of the month) so in my mind that is pretty darn close to making his goal.

The man child's first hockey game is this weekend - last Sunday's game was changed to a practice.

There is something strange going on. Am I the only one that is in the Christmas spirit this year or do people up here not get "into it"? Yesterday, as I was finishing up my shopping, I noticed I was the only one in red, the only one with goofy Christmas stuff in her hair (a headband with little jingly bells), the only one with really silly earrings. Come on people....get goofy with me mmmmkay???

The teenage daughter has a consult next week with the orthodontist...wanna guess she will be getting for Christmas??? She is excited (poor misguided child).

Yesterday afternoon, I started addressing my Christmas Cards. If you want one and haven't sent me your addy you better hop to it soon.

This is the pic of my kitty in the middle of the blanket I am working on that I tried to post earlier this week....



Gift count: STILL nothing under the tree for Cheeky.....


Cheeky who is singing (oh and Sis...I heard this yesterday in the car and immediately thought of you and couldn't wait to get it on here - click this link so you can hear it and sing along ya'll)

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
I don't think Santa Claus will mind, do you?
He won't have to use our dirty chimney flue
Just bring him through the front door, that's the easy thing to do

I can see me now on Christmas
morning, creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise when I open up my eyes
to see a hippo hero standing there

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
No crocodiles, no rhinoceroses I only like hippopotamuses
And hippopotamuses like me too

Mom says the hippo would eat me up, but then
Teacher says a hippo is a vegetarian

There's lots of room for him in our two-car garage
I'd feed him there and wash him
there and give him his massage
I can see me now on Christmas
morning, creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise when I open up my eyes
to see a hippo hero standing there

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
No crocodiles or rhinoceroseses
I only like hippopotamuseses
And hippopotamuses like me too!

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:28 AM :: 8 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky