border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, November 27, 2006

Weekend Update

Well let's start a little bit further back. Let's start with Turkey Day. We didn't have turkey, we had ham. All the other parts of the meal were prepped ahead of time so really the only thing left to do was the ham which made for a really relaxing day.

Mr. Cheeky played in the garage with his new toy while I was downstairs playing with my toys (there you go again thinking dirty - I mean my crafting toys - geesh). I finished up all of my card orders (well almost- a few had to dry but that was no big deal). But the best part was that the teenage daughter came down and helped me a little. We haven't spent very much quality time together lately and I really enjoyed that we did and I enjoyed that she came down on her own and hung out with old Mom. Kinda made my day. We took a break for some munchies and watched a movie. Then had the main meal. Then I planned my attack for Friday morning - which by my previous post you can see it was really successful!

Saturday: The man child had hockey practice and I did some work around the house. I couldn't take it anymore and had to get on my hands and knees and scrub the bathroom. Not that it was a pit mind you but I just couldn't take it. Then I moved on to the teenage daughter's bathroom - now that WAS a pit! I told her she could either help me or do it herself - she helped. Ahhh pinesol freshness! Later that day, you could tell the holidays were upon us because the usual arguing began. You know, it just isn't the holidays until you are fighting over the lights. For the first time EVER, Mr. Cheeky put lights on our house (and the ugly tree in the front yard). I directed of course. It's simple but I like it. After a visit to the China Buffet we came home and put up the fake tree in the front window. Very simply decorated - just blue lights and silver bows. It is actually quite nice. The real tree will come this week and will go downstairs in the family room by the fireplace. It will be all decked out with goofy ornaments but hey, that's us - goofy!

Sunday: The man child had hockey practice again (his first game is next Sunday). I got up early and hit the outlets. I got there when they opened up and there was practically no one there. I got serious rock star parking (you know - the front spot) all morning long. Came home. Had some lunch with the man child and Mr. Cheeky (teenage daughter spent the night with friends and wasn't home yet). They headed back out to go to the ice rink to work on man child's skating (he is doing really good considering this is his first year). I took the opportunity to get some of the presents out of hiding and get them wrapped. No sooner than I got the teenage daughter's stuff wrapped she comes home. Then she helped wrap the other stuff. I have to say she has inherited my talent of wrapping gifts (now if you know me you are laughing out loud right now cause I can't wrap for crap and neither can she...we had a good laugh about it). Now everyone has something under the tree, but me. I could let this bug me but if I don't see some changes soon, I am gonna go buy myself something and wrap it and put it there...hehe.

That brings us to today (on NBC - hehe just kidding). Back to the grind. But at least the house is starting to look like there is a twinkling of holiday spirit in there somewhere.

Cheeky who is singing....I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas, Mommy and Daddy are mad. I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas, 'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad. I broke my bat on Johnny's head; Somebody snitched on me. I hid a frog in sister's bed; Somebody snitched on me. I spilled some ink on Mommy's rug; I made Tommy eat a bug; Bought some gum with a penny slug; Somebody snitched on me.

Oh, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas, Mommy and Daddy are mad. I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas, 'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad. I put a tack on teacher's chair, somebody snitched on me. I tied a knot in Susie's hair, somebody snitched on me. I did a dance on Mommy's plants, climbed a tree and tore my pants, Filled the sugar bowl with ants, somebody snitched on me.

So, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas, Mommy and Daddy are mad. I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas, 'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad. I won't be seeing Santa Claus; Somebody snitched on me. He won't come visit me because, Somebody snitched on me. Next year I'll be going straight; Next year I'll be good, just wait; I'd start now, but it's too late; Somebody snitched on me. So you better be good whatever you do 'Cause if you're bad, I'm warning you, You'll get nuttin' for Christmas.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 9:03 AM :: 10 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky