border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend Update - with your hostess - Cheeky

Friday was just a bum day. After getting the news about my friend Lisa on Thursday evening, I got some more disturbing news Friday morning and it put me in even more of a funk. The best boss anyone in the world could ever have told me she also has breast cancer. I was floored. She was the one that brought Lisa and I together. She was my boss in Jacksonville. She came up a few months ago and we had lunch together. That was the weekend she found it. She is going through chemo and the outlook is good. This is another amazing woman who has had to deal with some very difficult things in life. I hope and pray that everything will work out ok for her.

So, because I was in a funk all day long Friday, I informed Mr. Cheeky that I was not about to sit in this house Friday night. I needed to get out. I needed a change in scenery and the kids were not invited. We went to dinner. AND the food was GREAT. AND I had a coupon for $5 off! Now, before leaving for dinner, I had ordered pizza for the kids. You know the 3 for $5 each deal. Well, came home and umm there were still 2 and half pizzas left. Highly unusual because usually each kid will eat an entire pizza by themselves. The man child was laying in bed. Again, highly unusual. I checked him. He had a fever of 103!!! He was fine when I left for dinner. So it was a long night of medicating him.

Got up Saturday, temp was 101. Another dose of meds and then BAM! it was gone - just as quick as it came on. Mr. Cheeky went to an ice fishing show with his friend (can't be as much fun as a scrapbooking show). I stayed home with the kiddies and you know what we did - CLEAN! Top to bottom. Scrub scrub scrub. That was pretty much the extent of the day. In the evening we just watched TV, it was Harry Potter movies 1 and 2 on the family channel - yeah we are exciting like that.

Sunday - the man child had hockey practice. Then he and Mr. Cheeky went skating again while the teenage daughter and I went shopping Woot! Came home, teenage daughter went to babysit and I worked on a blanket that I have been working on for over a year now (actually I worked on it off and on all weekend) because you can only work on it in the cold months because its so big you have to cover up with it while you are working on it - geesh. And of course the kitties think they have to be all up in it.....check it out...ok there was supposed to be a pic here but blogger is being a pain and not cooperating this morning.

Christmas tree update: Lots of gifts...looking good. But wait, there is something wrong...still NOTHING (zip, zilch, zero, nada) under the tree for Cheeky - this is getting worrisome ya'll.....

Cheeky who is singing...You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch. You really are a heel, You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch, You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel!

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 9:34 AM :: 6 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky