border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I really am just a big ol kid - you know this right?

So this weekend, I was downstairs in my craft room and in the "zone". I was finishing up two card orders (Moi, Mommy Gina - they are in the mail to you today!). I was working it. Then the internet went out and I could no longer listen to XM radio or watch Law and Order SVU online. What's a girl to do use the radio? Well, I figured it out. I went and grabbed two DVD's. South Park, the first season and The Muppets first season. I so totally pink puffy heart the Muppets (seriously I do, I even did a Thursday Thirteen about it in '06 (Click HERE to check it out). So I chose the Muppets.

Now, I was thinking that I would just have it on in the background and sing along and keep my crafting mojo. Ummm that would be a big fat NO. I HAD to watch every episode on the disc (there are 4 discs in the set). I HAD to pay attention. Have you ever watched the original Muppet Show as an adult? There are some subtle things in there for adults that I never picked up as a kid. I found myself not only singing out loud but I was actually LAUGHING out loud to this show. It is truly wonderful. (OH and ummm Daddy or Mr. Cheeky - if you are reading this and wondering what you can get me for V-day......I NEED the second season of the Muppets on DVD. Its the one with Miss Piggy on the cover. They have it at Wally World or Target - just giving you some suggestions - you can talk amongst yourselves on who is going to get it....hehehe).

So, yesterday afternoon I was thinking about this show and remembering my favorites. I love them all (Milton Berle, Ethel Merman, Elton John, Leo Sayer and many many more). I really do but one of my truly favorites was when Liberace was a guest star. I have always liked him - and he really was Mr. Showmanship!

Cheeky - who is still channeling her inner kid and singing (the lyrics are below so if you don't know it - even though SHOULD).....



Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.


Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,
And look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.


All of us under its spell,
We know that it's probably magic...


... Have you been half asleep? And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
... Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm s'posed to be...
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.


Laa, da daa dee da daa daa,
La laa la la laa dee daa doo...

Labels:


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:45 AM :: 19 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky