border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, January 10, 2008

Random Friday

See this?





Now I am accountable.........ya'll can harass me if you see that I am not making progress. I am walking to Charleston to the beach. I will be putting this in my side bar after today so ya'll can keep your eye on me. Just remember, I do better with positive reinforcement capish? The miles are at zero right now cause its 6:23am and I haven't gotten on the treadmill yet. As I get on, I will update the ticker so if you are reading this post at the end of the day it might not be at zero. AND I am only counting treadmill time, not total steps for the day from the pedometer.

Like Katie I have done really well at not eating out so much. I have cooked every night this week. Now Friday is our usual order Pizza night but instead, tonight its going to be "clean out the fridge" and "fend for yourself" night.

I am halfway through making my V-day cards. Its been a slower process because it requires some drying time. So once again if you want to be on "the list" be sure to email me with your addy. I like adding new people (even lurkers). I have sort of made it a little personal goal to send my cards to someone in every state in the US. And now that I am retired and have more time, if you want to purchase cards to send out for yourself....just let me know :)

Not too much planned for the weekend as of right now. We have to get Mr. Cheeky packed and ready to travel again. He leaves on Sunday but just for a few days. Dallas again I think.

I am going to start looking for our tickets to Orlando today. We are going in March - woohooo!

That's it - That's all I got for ya today so I am gonna sing a little ditty for ya. Now I know you are thinking I will sing the Proclaimers 500 miles but nah not today that would be too predictable and we don't want that do we? I am gonna go a little old school on ya (I know a lot of tunes ya'll). Wanna guess.... come one take a guess......perhaps a little Fats Domino....I loves me some Fats!

It's time I'm walkin' to New Orleans
I'm walkin' to New Orleans
I'm going to need two pair of shoes
When I get through walkin' to you
When I get back to New Orleans

I've got my suitcase in my hand
Now, ain't that a shame
I'm leavin' here today
Yes, I'm goin' back home to stay
Yes, I'm walkin' to New Orleans

You used to be my honey
Till you spent all my money
No use for you to cry
I'll see you bye and bye
Cause I'm walkin' to New Orleans

I've got no time for talkin'
I've got to keep on walkin'
New Orleans is my home
That's the reason why I'm goin'
Yes, I'm walkin' to New Orleans

I'm walkin' to New Orleans
I'm walkin' to New Orleans
I'm walkin' to New Orleans

Labels: ,


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 10:09 PM :: 20 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky