border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, January 17, 2008

Little bit of Thursday Fun

I saw this on a blog several days or maybe even a week ago and decided I wanted to do it. So here we go...

The rules:
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT. (This is in capital letters, so it is very serious.)

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? There and Back Again (by Daughtry)
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? Get the Party Started (by Pink)
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? Sharing the Night Together (by Dr. Hook)
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? I Will Survive (by Gloria Gaynor)
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE? Patience (by Guns N Roses)
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? Thank you for Loving Me (by Bon Jovi)
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? Always Something There to Remind Me (by Naked Eyes)
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? I Would Die 4 U (by Prince)
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen from Mars (by Bon Jovi)
10. WHAT IS 2+2? Paralyzer (by Finger Eleven)
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Tequila Makes her Clothes Fall Off (by Joe Nichols)
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Hard Habit to Break (by Chicago)
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Total Eclipse of the Heart (by Bonnie Tyler)
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Ice Cream Man (by Van Halen)
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Given Him Something He Can Feel (by EnVouge)
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? You Were Mine (by Dixie Chicks)
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? One Night Love Affair (by Brian Adams)
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? If I Could Turn Back Time (by R. Kelly)
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? My Humps (by Black Eyed Peas)
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? None of Your Business (by Salt n Pepa)
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Modern Love (by David Bowie)
22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? Come Dancing (by The Kinks)

Some of these were quite funny I think. Not tagging anyone but if you wanna do it let me know and I will come laugh at your music (kidding kidding).

Cheeky who is gonna sing a little Kinks....Come Dancing...

They put a parking lot on a piece of land
When the supermarket used to stand.
Before that they put up a bowling alley
On the site that used to be the local palais.
That's where the big bands used to come and play.
My sister went there on a Saturday.

Come dancing,
All her boyfriends used to come and call.
Why not come dancing, it's only natural?

Another Saturday, another date.
She would be ready but she's always make them wait.
In the hallway, in anticipation,
He didn't know the night would end up in frustration.
He'd end up blowing all his wages for the week
All for a cuddle and a peck on the cheek.

Come dancing,
That's how they did it when I was just a kid,
And when they said come dancing,
My sister always did.

My sister should have come in a midnight,
And my mom would always sit up and wait.
It always ended up in a big row
When my sister used to get home late.

Out of my window I can see them in the moonlight,
Two silhouettes saying goodnight by the garden gate.

The day they knocked down the palais
My sister stood and cried.
The day they knocked down the palais
Part of my childhood died, just died.

Now I'm grown up and playing in a band,
And there's a car park where the palais used to stand.
My sister's married and she lives on an estate.
Her daughters go out, now it's her turn to wait.
She knows they get away with things she never could,
But if I asked her I wonder if she would,

Come dancing,
Come on sister, have yourself a ball.
Don't be afraid to come dancing,
It's only natural.

Come dancing,
Just like the palais on a Saturday.
And all her friends will come dancing
Where the big bands used to play.

Labels:


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 8:09 AM :: 16 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky