border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I was tagged......

And I am just getting around to doing it. Last week I was tagged with this by Jenn because she needed someone to harrass (just kidding). So, here it is, almost a week later and I am just getting around to doing it - see I told you I procrastinate (see the last post).

I am going to be on a deserted island and I have to pick my favorites to bring along with me. My 3 favorite:

Books: Oh now this is a hard one. I love to read but I mean you can read a good book over and over but it has to keep your attention if its the only thing you have.

#1 - Gone with the Wind - yes the book because as I read it I can also replay the movie in my mind (see - 2 things in one).

#2 - The Iliad/Odyssey by Homer - has all the great elements - sci fi, a love story, mythology. Wonderful!

#3 - I guess it would be the Bible - not so much for religion sake but to just sit down and read it cover to cover - never done that.

Movies: Now this really is a hard one - I mean come on....there are soooo many to choose from here.

#1 - Steel Magnolias - Love it!(what true southern woman wouldn't?) I aspire to be Weezer one day - she is my hero.

#2 - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and yes the extended versions - These are really great movies - We had a marathon showing of these movie when we moved and drove from SC to MN and we still had time to spare (now that is one loooooooong ride my friends).

#3 - Grease - cause well - I gotta sing!


Albums: Oh now this is a tough one for me - I am always singing something.

#1 - Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet or New Jersey - its a toss up. Really ANYTHING by Bon Jovi. So much of his music could be a soundtrack to my life (each one definately has memories for me).

#2 - Prince - Greatest Hits - cause ya know - a girl has to be funky every now and then.

#3 - Would have to be a mixed CD of 80's music!


People: Assuming this means anyone outside my immediate family. This is a hard one (I know I keep saying that but come on people). Do I go with celebrity or sustanance?

#1 - My girl Kirsten from SC - we have been friends since the second grade. Grew up together in NC and then as fate would have it, we ended up in SC together as well.

#2 - My girl George (ok her name is Melanie - but the last movie we saw together before she moved away was My Best Friend's Wedding - and the character George (played by Rupert Everett) really symbolized what we are to each other. I am her George and she is my George!)

#3 - OK OK I give in to the pressure - Matthew McConaughey - I mean come on - he finally got rid of the Penelope chic and I love to hear him talk and someone has to do the heavy lifting and bongo playing!

Tagging - I guess I have to tag 3 people....hmmmmm ok I will tag Patti, Jen and ummmmm Gracie

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 10:19 PM :: 8 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky