border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Just because school is out doesn't mean you don't have to work (umm learn)

School was officially out last Thursday. I work from home and I am always on the phone. I can't have all this commotion going on (house phone ringing constantly, door bell ringing constantly, kids running in and out, kids always eating) so I have decided to STOP THE INSANITY!

I have developed several rules for the summer and they will be followed or you will incur the wrath of Mom! (said with thunder rolling and lighting striking in the background). I am like the Hulk (yes I am incredible too) don't make me angry - you won't like me when I am angry.

Kitchen Rules - follow them or go hungry! (these are also hanging on the fridge in case you forget)

Breakfast will be served between the hours of 8:00 and 9:30. If you sleep past that too bad you have to wait for lunch.

Lunch will be served between the hours of 11:30 and 1:00. If you miss lunch because you are still sleeping or too busy to come in and eat, I can't help ya there.

Snacks will be served between 3:30 and 4:00 (these are not required but if you are going to have a snack it will be a healthy one).

All dishes, food, trash, etc. will be cleaned up and put away after each meal (by you, not me).


Chores list

Monday through Friday you will have your own chore list that must be completed prior to playing outside, going to friend's houses, or asking to do anything.

Each day there is a major project and several smaller maintenance projects to be done. These are expected to be done without asking for or expecting compensation (I already house you, feed you, run your Limo service and countless other things so that my dear children is compensation enough).

Each day there are "bonus" chores that are age appropriate and can be done for cash. If you think you want to do some extra stuff this summer, I suggest you take me up on the bonus chores which can earn you up to $25 per week. Bonus chores cannot be done until all regular chores are completed and have been inspected and checked off by me (yeah, the task master). You can also earn additional $$ by doing things just because they need to be done (that means without having to be told).

Weekends are free days but if you were smart you would keep the regular things straightened up to save you from having to work harder during the week.


Dinner Preperation

You, my dear children, are also going to learn the art of cooking. A couple of days a week you will be responsible for preparing the evening meal. You must work together with your sibling to accomplish this task. In the beginning, you will work with me in preparing certain staple meals that we have regularly. Then, you will slowly start taking over and I will step to the sidelines. Eventually, you will be able to prepare these meals on your own. Once you have mastered a couple meals, new ones will be added so you will have a variety from which you can choose. Then, as the summer progresses....you will be responsible for the weekly meal planning and make sure that items you need (and you will know what these are because you will have already prepared them several times) are purchased at the grocery store in advance.


Cheeky - who wonders....will this really work or is it a pipe dream as she sings: "She works hard for the money....so hard for ya honey....she works hard for the money so you better treat her right"

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:18 PM :: 12 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky