border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I am spoiled (read that as thankful)

Yes, I am. I can admit it. I have before but I think it needs repeating every now and then. I have great kids - both of them. They each have their individual issues - some the same (they are both slobs but they get that honest) some different (they are different ages and sexes after all). They don't always get along with us or with each other. But the issues I have with them are for the most part - not that big in the scheme of things.

Mr. Cheeky will cook, clean, and do laundry (thanks to his mom and the Navy). Sometimes this can be annoying, other times its a Godsend. But there again, who among you wouldn't want to have this "problem"?

They ALL put up with me (which is not an easy thing to do at times) and when I was having the horrible mood swings (which are no longer a part of my life thanks to me being med free since July - in case you are new - the meds were to fix a problem that created 3 more - the original problem was a pain but easier to deal with than raging mood swings so I went off the meds) they tolerated me and understood that wasn't really "me" even though it happened more times than not.

I have some of the best blogger buds that anyone could ever ask for...yes I do. I get up each day to go and see what each and everyone of you are up to. Whether it is laughing "with" you (yeah that's it - WITH you) or lending a sympathetic ear (cause we all need to whine from time to time) or offering my 2 cents worth of advice (ok its more like opinion but you get my point).

So this morning, raise what you are drinking (for me its dark Colombian roast - sweet and blonde) - here's to you (yes, even the lurkers) and in glory that is the Golden Girls (yes, Katie - I know you are all giddy now....).....

Thank you for being a friend
Travel down the road and back again
your heart is true, your a pal and a confidant.
And if you threw a party,
Invited everyone you knew,
You would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say,
Thank you for being a friend.


edited to add: 1700 steps yesterday and yes its low, but in my defense I didn't wear the pedometer until after lunch so shut it mmmkay (you can give me crap with tomorrow's low number)

Labels:


Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:47 AM :: 11 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky