border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Thursday, November 29, 2007

RIP - Fat Pappaw - we'll miss you.

I received a call from my Mom last night. They had just gotten back from spending an extended holiday weekend in Savannah with the family when they got the news. Fat Pappaw has died from colon cancer. Fat Pappaw (real name Lloyd) was my Aunt Betty's first husband (Aunt Betty died in July of 03). He is the father to my first cousins Debra Ann, Linda (ya'll think Paula Dean is funny - you ain't heard nuthin until you get these two together) and Boy (Lloyd Jr.) who is closer to my Dad's age. He was "Fat Pappaw" to my second cousins Lisa and Marie (who are my age). I didn't know him as Uncle Lloyd. I knew him as Fat Pappaw.

To Debra Ann, Linda, and Boy:
I am sorry that I can't be there with ya'll during this time. I hope you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and that I love you very much.

And while we are on the subject, tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the death of my friend Lisa. Cancer took her too.

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:36 AM :: 11 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky