border="0"> Snow Trapped Southern Girl


Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Makes me tired just thinking about it.....

This is one more crazy week here at Chez Cheeky. Lots of things going on all at once.

Yesterday was day one of college orientation. I had to leave early but teenage daughter stayed over night and will continue on today. Most of the stuff I needed to know was yesterday anyway. Today is mainly for her to register for classes. Overall its an OK school. I say OK because - well, its a little liberal for my taste (I am southern after all) and its an MN school. Can't get thrilled about that. Would much rather she chose to go to a school in SC but hey - its her choice and I let her make it. It seems they have their stuff together so......

Today, I pick mom and dad up at the airport. They are here for teenage daughter's graduation on Thursday. Its sort of strange having people in my house with boxes everywhere, very little food, and general discombobulation everywhere. But when have I ever let something like that stop me? Its just a challenge. Mom will help me pack and Dad will be tasked with keeping the manchild out of the way (HA). Something tells me they will be going out to the movies a lot....hahaha.

Packing is continuing. Getting to a point where I just can't do much more until the final day - except for the garage and that is not my department. Mr. Cheeky is on his way home. He is driving from SC to here so he starts today and will get here by tomorrow night - just in time to join us for teenage daughter's graduation dinner. We are doing the dinner on Wednesday (graduation is on Thursday) because immediately following the pomp and circumstance she will board a bus for the all night grad party so she won't be coming home with us. The party reminds me of back in the day when I would go to all night skates and they would lock us in. They are doing it at one of the local bowling alleys and they are locked in. They get there by bus and they leave by bus. I am comfortable with it.

We will get everyone out this weekend and I mean everyone. Mom and Dad leave Saturday and so does teenage daughter - we are kicking her OUT! Kidding kidding. She is staying in MN with a friend for the summer before school (just doesn't make sense to move everything to SC just to turn around and move it back to MN 2 months later for school). Then final packing on Sunday. Monday the moving truck arrives!

Cheeky - who is in the mood for a little diddy ala the Muppets.....



Movin' right along in search of good times and good news
With good friends you can't lose
This could become a habit
Opportunity knocks once, let's reach out and grab it
Together we'll nab it
We'll hitchhike, bus, or yellow-cab it (cab it?)

Movin' right along, foot-loose and fancy-free
Gettin' there is half the fun, come share it with me
Movin' right along
We'll learn to share the load
We don't need a map to keep this show on the road

Movin' right along we found a life on the highway
And your way is my way, so trust my navigation
California here we come, that pie-in-the sky-land
Palm trees and warm sand, though sadly we just left Rhode Island

Movin' right along, hey L. A., where've you gone
Send someone to fetch us, we're in Saskatchewan
Movin' right along
You take it - you know best
Hey, I've never seen the sun come up in the West

Movin' right along, we're truly birds of a feather
We're in this together, and we know where we're goin'
Movie stars with flashy cars and life with the top down
We're storming the big town
Yeah! Storm is right - should it be snowin'

Movin' right along, foot loose and fancy free
We're ready for the big time, is it ready for me

Movin' right along....
Movin' right along....
Movin' right along....
Movin' right along....

Posted byWendy aka Cheeky :: 7:56 AM :: 1 Singing with Cheeky

Sing with Cheeky